Chapter 15 - Angry and jealous

Grace's POV

When I woke up, I was on the couch in the office. I rubbed my eyes, confused.

Who has carried me to the couch?

When I sat up, my nostrils filled with a familiar scent. Ethan. He was here last night. I smiled sheepishly.

After drinking a cup of tea, I called Gloria. She told me that Nathan was calm yesterday, and now he was sleeping. Then I grabbed the documents and went to Ethan's office.

I knocked on the door and walked in. He was looking at his paperwork with a serious expression.

"Good morning, sir." I greeted him.

"Morning." He murmured, still looking at the paperwork.

"Umm...I brought the documents. I have reorganized them." I informed.

"Good. You can go and rest. You can take a day off today." He suggested firmly without looking at me.

"Thanks. See you tomorrow." I said and left.

When I walked into my apartment, I heard Nathan's cry. I went to the living room. Nathan was crying hysterically while Gloria tried to soothe him.

"My boy. Why are you crying?" I cooed him as I placed my bag on the couch. He turned around instantly as he heard my voice.

"Look, Mommy is here." Gloria said, gesturing to me.

He stared at me while his tears were running down his cheeks non-stop. I approached him and took him in my arms.

"Mommy missed you." I admitted softly and kissed his cheek, stroking his back smoothly.

He gripped my hair, sobbing. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Thank you, Gloria for staying with Nathan." I gave her a polite smile.

"No problem." She said, giving me a warm smile.

"You may leave. Today I have a day off. So I will take care of Nathan." I informed.

"Ok. If you need something, call me. See you tomorrow." She said. I nodded. "See you, Nathan." She cooed Nathan and left.

I stroked Nathan's head and carried him to my bedroom. I placed him on the bed and gave him his toy. I changed my clothes and lay down beside him.

I was staring at my son while he was playing with his toy. When he dropped his toy, he rolled over, searching for his toy. I smiled, amused. He looked at me with his crystal blue eyes and rubbed his eyes. I took him in my arms, smiling and placed him on my chest. I started singing a lullaby while stroking his back smoothly.

****

After making a reservation at the restaurant for Ethan's meeting, I went to his office. I knocked on the door and walked in.

"I made a reservation for the meeting and called Mr. Griffin's secretary; I informed her about the place." I informed.

"Good. Get ready, we are leaving in an hour. You are coming with me to the meeting." He ordered, signing the paperwork.

"Me?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah. Is there any problem?" He asked as he lifted his head up and plunged his piercing eyes into mine.

Fuck! The meeting probably will end late. I hope Gloria will be able to stay with Nathan tonight too.

"Umm...No." I mumbled. He nodded and looked at his paperwork.

Ethan stopped his black Ferrari in front of the restaurant. We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.

Ethan approached two men. When they saw us, they stood up. After Ethan shook their hands one by one, he introduced me to them.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Davies." Mr. Griffin said, giving me a wide smile and kissed my knuckles.

He was in his early thirties. He had black hair and brown eyes.

"Nice to meet you too." I gave him a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you." Then the other man, Mr. Griffin's lawyer said and smiled politely.

Ethan cleared his throat. "Let's start." He suggested firmly.

During the meeting, I felt Jonathan Griffin's eyes on me. I felt uneasy. Ethan must have noticed it too, because he looked angry.

When the meeting finished, we stood up.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Grace. I'm having a party at my place this weekend; if you're not busy, you should come." Mr. Griffin said, giving me a bright smile.

Ethan clenched his fist and gave Jonathan a death glare as his jaw clenched.

"Jonathan, Ms. Davies is busy this weekend." Ethan said firmly, trying to control himself as he placed his hand in his pocket.

"Is your boss forcing you to work at weekends too?" Jonathan joked, emphasizing the word boss

Ethan gritted his teeth, trying to control his anger.

"No, I don't force her to work at weekends, but...." Ethan paused, giving Jonathan an arrogant smirk and held my hand, catching me off guard. I looked at our entwined hands in surprise. "My girlfriend and I have other plans for this weekend." He added, giving Jonathan a victorious smirk.

"Oh..." Jonathan murmured as his expression changed. "Umm...Sorry. I didn't know you were together." He added dryly.

"Yes, we are." Ethan said, giving me a charming smile. "If you don't mind, Grace and I need to go. See you later." Ethan said, forcing a smile, then he dragged me out with him without letting Jonathan say anything.

We were in his car. He was squeezing the steering wheel tightly. His jaw was clenched while he was driving like hell.

"Ethan, please...slow down." I demanded, scared, but he didn't listen to me, and on the contrary, he accelerated.

I didn't know where we were anymore. There was not any car on the road anymore.

"Ethan! Stop the car. I want to get out of the car." I demanded.

I frowned as he didn't listen to me again.

"Ethan! Pull over the damned car!" I shouted.

He gritted his teeth and pulled the car over. Finally! I unbuckled my seatbelt as I breathed deeply, closing my eyes. My heart was pounding like crazy.

Ethan released his grip around the steering wheel and unbuckled his seatbelt. Then he turned towards me and plunged his eyes into mine. His gaze was so intense.

In a flash, he pulled me into his lap and crashed his lips against mine.