Let Them Stare - Barry

X Black reader

You laid in bed as the morning suns rays hit your face. You felt your felt a shadow over your face and someone over your body, it was obviously Barry.

"Morning husband." He said with a smile and kissed your plump lips. This was one of your biggest fear of being in a relationship with Barry, his lips were so thin compared to yours but they fit together so perfectly.

The team decided that future Nora could look after Central City, and you and Barry could have a few days off. Barry was very excited and wanted to go out for a walk, nothing special just quality time with you.

When you guys reached the lobby of your apartment you got stares from many people, Barry didn't seem to notice or if he did he didn't care. Being the socially insecure one, you noticed everyone.

Before you guys could get on the street you pulled Barry aside, he gave you a worried look,"Is something wrong?". You shook your head and told him how you felt,"Barry people have been staring, I don't know if you've noticed. Barry I don't want people to see you in a bad light because of me." You told him.

"I'm scared people will try to hurt us because we're an interracial couple, do you see what's happening in the world nowadays." You sighed trying not to sound like a complete idiot,"I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." Barry gave you a sympathetic smile,"I understand how you feel. I see people staring and whispering, but I don't care what they think of us, all that matters to me is you. If these people are too dumb to see the love we have for each other then they must have no love themselves." He told you.

"You're right, what was I thinking." You told him and kissed his cheek,"I love you, and I..." You kissed his left cheek.

"don't care..." You kissed his right cheek.

"What anybody thinks." You kissed his lips.

Barry held his hand out his hand that you proudly held and you guys started your walk together.

---
VOTE & COMMENT

sorry for typos ♡