Chapter 12

(Unedited)
Sadiya's POV

Folding the peach hijab, I sat down on my bed starring at the picture before me on my phone.

It was a picture of Ammi, Dada and I on my graduation day. Dada was dressed in a white getzner with a black zanna bukar perched on his head while Ammi was elegantly dressed in a royal blue lace with her veil modestly draped around her body.

I didn't even realized I was crying till someone nudged my shoulder. I quickly wiped my tears before bowing down to greet Baba (uncle S).

"Good day Baba" I greeted feeling down.

"How're you doing? Hope you're fine? Is everything okay? How're you coping? Is anybody treating you bad? Why're you crying? Talk to me" he asked worried etched on his face.

I broke down in tears not because anybody is treating me bad but because of how they all cared about me and because I miss my parents. I miss them so much.

He sat down beside me patting my back and soothing me. He didn't leave till he was sure I was doing fine.

I was lying down on my medium sized bed, tracing the pattern of the bed sheet with my fingers. Someone knocked on the wooden door and I muttered a "come in" before sitting down.

"Baby sis, let's go and cheer you up" Abdullah gladly said.

"Alright" I said smiling

I wrapped my veil and we went to the balcony, we sat down with our backs facing the door.

"So Audu, what are you going to tell me"? I asked facing his handsome face. That's when I even realized the countable beard. At eighteen years, he has started growing beard even though it's not much, its countable. He got a hairy body I thought

"Nothing much, how was your day?"

"It was fun, all thanks to you and ummi" I replied smiling very wide.

"So what's up? Gist me" he said folding his legs

"About what?" I asked already feeling sleepy

"About the type of husband you wish to marry" he said smirking

"Huh?" I asked with my eyes wide open. I didn't feel the need to sleep again after that question.

"Yesss! You heard me well" he said laughing

"Well, I want to marry a tall, handsome, well-built husband and also I wish to marry a SOLDIER" I said the last part rolling my Chinese eyes.

"Wow! So you wish to marry a SOLDIER?" He asked again not believing his ears.

"InshaAllah!" I replied casually.

"But I thought you wanted to be a SOLDIER?" He asked again.

"Yes oo, since I couldn't be a SOLDIER then I want to marry a SOLDIER" I answered feeling sad all of a sudden.

"Sadiya" he called out slowly

"Yes Abdullah" I replied with the same tone.

"Will marrying a SOLDIER make you happy?"

"Yes InshaAllah" I replied

"May Allah grant your wish, Goodnight baby sis"

"Ameen thank you, Goodnight b"

We left to our various rooms and I drifted off to sleep.

Abdullah's pov