Chapter 21

(Unedited)

Sadiya's POV

Sadiya looked at the well folded paper Abdullah handed her few minutes ago. He just came in without a word, handed a paper and left abruptly.

She looked at the white paper again which she's sure it was gotten from a new long note. She adjusted her fitted burgundy dress with puffy sleeves before opening the paper gently.

          "Hey baby sis, see we are back on the baby sis terms. I know you've been shedding tears but you need to smile. Smile does not always mean you're happy but sometimes it also means how much pain you can hide.

Baby sis, Never remove smile from your face, smile be it a happy or a sad smile.

Keep smiling! Do you know why? Because it's a sign of Sabr. It's a symbol of gratitude, it's a sunnah of prophet Muhammad (SAW) and you're rewarded by Allah Ta'ala for smiling.

    Sadiya i loved you, i still love you and i will always love you. Be happy.

                                                             Abdullah❤️

Clutching the paper to my chest, i let the tears flow slowly but steadily. "Not again" i muttered to myself

  I quickly wiped the tears, folded the paper and tucked it in my Louis vuitton handbag that was lying on the bed.

    "Sadiya what're you thinking of?" Ummi asked worriedly, passing me a coffee brown lace.

I looked at Ummi smiling "nothing Ummi, when did you come in?"

   "Few minutes ago when you were busy thinking about your love" Ummi replied sarcastically.

I lauged, if only you know Ummi.

"Be fast and change into this. Your captain is about to shoot everyone in this house and runaway with you" Ummi said laughing before exiting the door.

  I changed into the coffee brown lace. A straight skirt and a blouse. One last look at my now old room. The room where i spent my teenage years, I draped a cream veil around my body before picking up my handbag.

   "Ma shaa Allah, my daughter is looking beautiful" Ummi said coming into the room with Baba trailing behind her.

    "Come give Ummi a hug" Ummi said with a smile on her beautiful face and I gladly went into her open  arms.

   "So, you won't give Baba a hug?" Baba said feigning hurt.

I gently removed my body from Ummi and went to him. He pulled me into a fatherly hug. So comforting.

   I sobbed quietly with my head on his chest. Dada might not be here but this man tried all his best to make me happy.

  Yahaya came into the room "Ummi still not done?" He asked looking from Ummi to Baba then me. Ummi smacked his shoulder and pulled him in a hug. Yahaya gently snaked his right hand on my waist as Baba pulled Ummi too. A group hug it is.

  Baba chuckled softly "shhh, oya come let's go" he said and we ambled downstairs. "Let's keep a history about you being the first girl to be conveyed to her matrimonial home by her in laws"

   Right into the lexus is250, i felt secured. Abdullah driving, Yahaya at the passengers seat and i sat in between Ummi and Baba at the backseat with my head on Ummi's shoulder.

    Brother in law driving, husband by his side. Mother in law by my right and father in law by my left side. It felt so right.

We arrived shortly at the house, my house, Our house. Few moments later, Ummi was going around the house with turaren wuta whilst Baba and Yahaya were talking in the sitting room.