Chapter 35

(Unedited)

Update coming late, I'm sorry❤️

Happiness! That's what he felt when the imam announced the nikah.

He trudged through the crowd, finally at the house, he greeted, smiled back at those who smiled at him and ignored those who were against the marriage.

Amazingly, he set his eyes on her. Abdullah never thought ankara would look this good on her, Staring deeply at her face that was dolled up. He smiled and held her hands that was adorned with henna.

Black henna, he loves it!

    "You look beautiful, wifey." He mouthed and she ducked her head shyly.

Ummi and Rayhan barged into the room, Ummi briefly hugged them and dragged Aret with her in a hurry.

  Abdullah looked at her, puzzled. "Ummi calm down."

     "How do you expect me to calm down when it's my last born's wedding and my first grandchild's naming ceremony."

Abdullah smiled and held her hand. "Where are you taking my wife to?"

Ummi punched him lightly. "She needs to change."

He sighed and slumped on the couch.

     "Where is your camera?" Rayhan asked, rocking her 5 month old baby.

He glared at her, playfully. "Ask me again."

    "Where is your camera?" Come and snap me."

     "Where on earth have you ever seen a groom being a photographer on his wedding day."

She laughed, "calm down, would you? I was only kidding you."

He glared at her again and fished out his phone that was ringing, while answering the call, Rayhan kept her baby on the bed.

    "I always thought you will end up with Sadiya but she ended up with your grumpy brother." She said immediately he hung up.

Abdullah smiled ruefully. "Rayhan, you sometimes talk a lot."

     "Seriously, I thought you guys had a thing."

Abdullah removed his zanna bukar cap and brushed his hand over his face. "Rayhan, I'm commanding you as a big brother to keep shut."

     "Big brother that is older than me with four months, come and shut me up."

    "Whatever, I'm still older."

    "You guys will never change, would you?" Sadiya came into the room with baby Abdullah.

     "She talks a lot." He pointed at Rayhan.

Sadiya laughed and shook her head. "Yallah, the photographer is here." Within five minutes, they were all settled in Baba's parlour.

A week later, Abdullah pursed his lips into a pout and stared at his mom, unbelievable.

       "Now go and sleep." Ummi pointed at the door for him to leave and he stormed out of the room.

Abdullah let out an exasperated sigh as he stared at Yahaya, his baby placed on his chest as he rocks him.

Yahaya motioned for him to come forward and he did, slumping down on the chair next to his brother, he collected the baby from him and continued rocking him.

        "Abdullah, what is it?" Yahaya asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "It's Ummi. She doesn't want me to go home with my wife."

      "Why tho?" Yahaya asked again.

       "She said she is still young." He answered.

Yahaya turned his head sideways and smiled. "How old is she?"

     "She turned 18 last month." He replied grudgingly and Yahaya collected his baby as he let out a wail.

     "Go and sleep, we will talk tomorrow." And Abdullah bid him goodnight. Yahaya ascended the stairs to keep baby Abdullah by his mom.

Yahaya face palmed his face as he listened to Ummi and Abdullah converse.

       "Abdullah, you're still a boy. So get lost."

Abdullah abruptly looked up at Ummi, his mouth slightly agape. "Ummi, I'm a man please."

    "No, you're both young."

    "Ummi, let me take my wife and i promise you to attend a naming ceremony in the next nine months."

     "I'm closing my eyes now and before i open them, i want you out of my room. Naughty child."

And within a minute, he sauntered out of the room. Ummi shook her head and smiled.

    "Ummi let him take his wife home please." Yahaya stated.

   "He will, by tomorrow in shaa Allah."

   "And me too." He quickly added. "It's not even upto a month, talk less of 40 days and you want to take your wife home. Oya oo go ahead Mr. Romeo!" She replied sarcastically and he scratched his head.

     "You too, out." And he obeyed. Ummi sighed. These guys will not be the end of her.

Later that day, Abdullah noisily went into the kitchen when Aret was cooking dinner. He snaked his hands around her and she shuddered, turning Abruptly.

      "Abdullah, go away. Ummi can come in anytime." He shrugged his shoulders and pointed at his lips. "Give me a kiss and I promise to leave." He smiled mischievously.

  "What? You're not serious. Leave please." She replied trying to hide her blush.

She moved aside and he quickly grabbed her hands. "Babe...."

     "Abdullah I thought i sent you somewhere." Ummi asked as she was by the door.

     "Ummi, i was just practicing Sunnah, i mean it is Sunnah to help your wife and here i am trying to help her cook."

Ummi threw her head back and laughed. "That's very good." She turned to Aret. "What do you have for him?"

      "Here." She quickly handed Ummi the onions.

Ummi smiled at her and turned to Abdullah. "Here, good husband." And she dragged Aret with her.

Five minutes later, Abdullah was still trying to finish slicing one onion. He sniffed and kept the knife.

     "Wash your hands." Ummi ordered and he obeyed.

     "Carry your wife and go." Ummi said gently and he stood up slowly, moving forward to Ummi he hugged her and she patted his back. "May Allah bless your union."

***
Yeah, yeah I'm sooooo sorrryyyyy for updating late!❤️😭

Manage this chapter please😌❤️love y'all❤️

One more chapter and we're done❤️🥰

Vote❤️🙏🏻
Comment❤️🙏🏻
Share❤️🙏🏻
Follow❤️🙏🏻

           👑Hajjo.Baraah🌹
             S.O.L.D.I.E.R