Chapter 13

This is the hardest chapter I've written so far 😭😭

             (Unedited)

                   Recap
"Listen babe, Freedom is not doing whatever you want to do, freedom is doing the right thing according to Qur'an without fearing other people" with that I parked the car properly and left to my room without locking the car.

******
Abdullah's POV

The weather was cool and refreshing. Ramadan started two weeks ago. Abdullah stroked his chin as he stared blankly at the well furnished room.

     "Abdallahhhhh! When did you become deaf?"

Ummi said jokingly as she sat down beside me

      "Ummi, when did you come in?" I sighed wearily

      "Some minutes ago, what're you thinking of?

     "You've been down lately, you okay? Ummi asked worried evident on her beautiful face.

       "Ummi, don't worry. I'm fine" I smiled before getting up to perform Ablution, the muezzin started calling adhaan for Asr.

    I sat down in Baba's parlour watching peace TV. Yes peace, that's what I need right now. Baba salaamed into the room, he sat down beside me, waited for the program to finish before he cleared his throat.

       "So Abdullah we're going for Umrah this Ramadan"

        "InshaAllah" he added

    "Alhamdulillah!" I exclaimed before thanking him

****

Sadiya's POV

The sun shone brightly on my face as I stepped my foot outside the lecture hall. I hurriedly went to the car before going home.

5:37 pm
I sluggishly descended down the stairs, right into the kitchen. I started looking for  what to eat.

    "Sharma Milk" i squealed.

This milk just made the scowl on my face to vanish. Yeah, I've been carrying that face since after Asr. Why? Because my fast broke two hours to Iftar. I was sad.

Holding up my sharma milk on my left hand and a bowl of yam balls on my right hand, I left the kitchen and started ascending the stairs quietly.

      I heard a gasp followed by "I've caught you, as big as you are" I turned abruptly not wanting to gaze at his mischievous eyes but unfortunately as I turned avoiding Abdullah's gaze, I met another set of eyes starring at me.

Oh Allah!!! What could be more embarrassing than this? Caught up between the two brothers with food during Ramadan!

     I stared down at the marbled floor not knowing exactly what to do.

    "Sadiya" Yahaya called

      "Sadiya"he called again. I slowly raised  my head and I could swear I saw a smirk on his face.

      "Go to your room, don't mind Abdullah" he gestured for Abdullah to move.