Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to every single person reading this book💕Thank youuuuu so much❤️

     (Unedited)

Sadiya's POV

It was mid-August, the rain fled away, the rain clouds fled away and left the sky bare.

We stood in the compound, drenched "babe" Abdullah called slowly, facing me he held my hands. "I will miss you"

How time flies! Abdullah will be leaving for his youth service tomorrow to lagos. Surely I will miss him.

The past few years had been amazing with him. Even though it was a secret relationship yet pure halaal relationship, I enjoyed it. And now he is leaving for a year.

"I will miss you too"

Twenty seconds later, i was engulfed in his arms. I was engulfed in a very tight hug from a non-muharram for the first time. It felt so right yet so wrong.

The sound i heard made me moved away. There he was in camo and a gun strapped on his shoulder, looking darker and slimmer.

The grumpy face still there. He moved closer and with each step he takes assured us that he is really an army man. The soldier

The soldier I've always wanted.

"For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him" Yahaya said calmly and grabbed Abdullah's collar

"And you know Abdullah, you know it's a hadith. You know it's haram. You didn't just touch her, you hugged her." He pinched the space between his eyes "what is happening here? Can someone explain?" His eyes had turned red.

We stood drenched in water, i could see the unshed tears from their eyes. They both couldn't cry but they're burning inside. I couldn't hold it anymore so i let it out. I cried.

"Leave" his voice deep "leave to your room now" he commanded and i left sluggishly.

***
Abdullahi's POV

"Let's go" Yahaya said and we moved to my room.

"Sit" and i obeyed "why?" he asked and instead of replying him i asked "you love her. Don't you?"

Silence
Silence
Silence

"I knew it. I realized since when I found out you wanted to join the military"

Silence
Silence

"Abdullah do you love her? Do you love her for who she is? Do you love her for Allah's sake? Or do you plan to break her heart? Like you always do"

And the tears came. No! I didn't mean to break her. By Allah i wanted to get married to her. Make her my halaal, the mother of my children. Yahaya I'm a changed person. I've changed. Can't you see?

But he loves her. He joined the military just to fulfill her wish of marrying a soldier.

But instead, I replied with "No I don't love her, i loved her but not anymore , btw I've been planning for a breakup so, you can have her" with a heavy heart I zipped my bag and climbed onto bed to get some sleep before my flight in the next few hours.