6

"And here's where we sadly part ways," Diego said as he pulled the car over near one of the bus stops in town

"And here's where we sadly part ways," Diego said as he pulled the car over near one of the bus stops in town. Klaus let out a groan and began to get out of the car. "Fine. We don't need you!" Klaus exclaimed jokingly, but they all knew he was only saying that because he was hurt that Diego was leaving them once again.

Diego sighed as he watched the boy get out. He turned his head to look at Emilia who was still sitting in her seat as she silently played a game on her phone.

"Princess, come on. Time to go," Diego said. Her eyes flickered up to him. "You weren't talking to me, were you? We both know I'm coming with," She told him. "Emilia, I've got work to do," he protested. "Yeah, and this work happens to be at the place that I work, so obviously I'm tagging along," she said.

"Emilia."

"Diego."

Diego let out a breathy chuckle as he looked down in disbelief. His eyes flickered back up to the girl and he smiled. "You can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, you know that?" he asked. It was the same thing he had said to her in the courtyard that morning, but this time he said it in an almost loving way which made Emilia smile.

"Where do you think I learned it from?" She asked making the boy roll his eyes. Emilia gave Diego her best pleading look before saying, "Please let me come. Diego, please." He broke almost instantly under her gaze. "Fine," he breathed out. Emilia grinned.

She then turned away and rolled down the window so she could talk to her brother. Diego watched her for a second before sighing with a small smile on his face. The things he did for that girl just to be able to see that goddamn smile on her face.

"I'll meet you back at the academy, okay? I'm going to go with Diego," Emilia told her brother. Klaus frowned. "What? How come you get to go with Diego and I don't?" He asked. Emilia lovingly smiled at her brother as she reached out and pulled his jacket back over his shoulder. "Because I'm not drunk," she teased. Klaus chuckled. "Oh yeah," he muttered.

Emilia shook her head at her brother with a grin still on her face. "You get home safe, okay? I'll check up on you as soon as I get home," she told him. Klaus nodded. "And you better go home and go straight to bed. I don't want to come back and find you passed out somewhere surrounded by empty bottles and the remnants of drugs, got it?" Emilia asked.

Klaus nodded knowing that that was the best response to give if he wanted her off his back. He brought a hand up to his forehead and proceeded to salute the girl. "Yes, ma'am!" He exclaimed. Emily shook her head at her goofy brother before waving.

"Bye. I'll see you later, okay?" She said. Klaus leaned over and kissed her forehead before packing away. "Bye, Em," he said before turning and walking the opposite direction.