11

1995

1995

Six year old Emilia let out a squeal of joy as she ran around the courtyard with Five on her tail. They were currently in the middle of a very intense game of tag and Five had been 'it' for the past five minutes much to his dismay.

The boy watched as Emilia seemed to make the distance between them greater. He frowned before closing his eyes and spatial jumping in front of her. Emilia slid to a halt and her eyes widened. "You're cheating," she said with a huff of annoyance. Five shrugged, "Oh well."

He went to reach for her, but before he could touch her, she had turned invisible. When his hand touched the area she had been standing in, he was only met with air. "You're cheating," Five grumbled. From the seemingly empty courtyard came the sound of childish laughter before Emilia mockingly said, "Oh well."

Emilia watched the boy huff angrily before he began walking around with his hands waving in the air in an attempt to find her. She giggled quietly and turned to run only to trip on a rock and go falling on to the concrete. She blinked in surprise before sitting up and looking at her hands and knees which were now scrapped and bloodied.

The sound of crying was what made Five finally stop what he was doing. His heart beat skyrocketed at the sound of Emilia's cries and he quickly spun around in an attempt to find the girl. "Em?" He asked worriedly, but all he got was her cries in response.

"Emilia?" He asked again in panic. "Where are you? I-I can't help if I can't see you."

Emilia appeared not a moment later on the concrete flooring of the courtyard just a few feet away from him. Five's eyes widened and he quickly rushed over to the girl. "Em!" He exclaimed as he came to a stop next to her. His eyes scanned over her bloodied knees and scratched up hands before they flickered up to her face and her busted lip.

She was crying like crazy and Five licked his lips nervously. "I-" Five began, but stopped once he realized he had no clue how to help her. "I'm going to go get Mom," was all he said before he disappeared inside the house.

The door opened up not a moment later before the gentle voice of Grace filled the air. "Emilia?" She said softly. Emilia looked over at the woman and let out a small whimper. Grace didn't even hesitate before scooping the girl up in her arms. Emilia instantly gripped onto her before letting out another round of sobs.

Grace quietly hushed her as they made their way into the house, not wanting the others to find out and be worried. "You're okay," Grace assured her as they walked into the kitchen. She set the child on top of the kitchen table before leaving the room only to return with a first aid kit a moment later.