31

oh my gosh. . .it's the last regular chapter 😭😭 please read the author's note that will be posted right after this!

my Newt (Maze Runner) book is officially up now too and is called Redamancy! that book, my Peter Maximoff book (Red and Silver), and my Edmund Pevensie book (Rosemary) are my next big books so go check those out!

also, enjoy this extremely long chapter that ties off season one with Emilia Kate Hargreeves, her twin Klaus, her best friend/soulmate Five (cause like some of you have said, a soulmate doesn't have to be romantic and I definitely agree that Five is her non romantic soulmate), her boyfriend Diego, and the rest of the Hargreeves family!

I hope you all enjoyed this book and thanks for joining me and Emilia on this crazy ride!

Emilia watched as the group ran up the stairs of Icarus Theater. She had stopped at the bottom of the steps, a sickening feeling have taken over her, and she couldn't move as she stared at the building in front of her.

Vanya was in there. Her sister was in there. And they were about to fight her. . .kill her if they had to.

The thought made Emilia sick.

Diego made sure that everyone got inside and waited for Emilia to run by, but she never did. He frowned and looked around confused before he noticed that she was still standing at the bottom of the stairs with a pale face as her hands nervously shook beside her.

Diego's expression softened and he smiled softly before saying, "Emilia, come on. I'm not getting any younger here." It was exactly what he had said to her the last time had seen her this nervous which was before they had stopped the robbers at that bank back when they were thirteen.

He was hoping she would respond the same way that she had back then, but she merely shook her head and took a step back.

Diego furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and didn't even hesitate before running back down the stairs despite Luther yelling after him. He reached the shaking Emilia in no time and put his hands on her arms to steady her.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?" He asked softly. "I. . .we're fighting Vanya, Diego. Vanya," Emilia whispered out in disbelief and hurt. Diego sighed and quickly pulled the girl in for a hug.

"I know, darling. It sucks, but this is our job. Not only as superheroes, but as her family. We can't let her do something that she will regret and we definitely can't let anyone else try and fight her. With us, she might at least try and listen," Diego told her.

"I. . .I d-don't think I-" she was stuttering now and Diego felt his heart ache for her. He was the one that was supposed to stutter, not her.