21

Knocking on the door to her bedroom was what woke Emilia up from her sleep

Knocking on the door to her bedroom was what woke Emilia up from her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open and she let out a small groan before going to get up out of bed. However, she found herself unable to as an arm was wrapped around her waist and was holding her down. Emilia's eyes flickered over to her side and a small smile graced her face at the sight of Diego.

The knocking grew louder and Emilia sighed before reluctantly pushing Diego's arm off of her. She quickly got out of bed and threw a sweatshirt on before going over to the door. She opened it slightly so that it still blocked the view of the bed where Diego was sleeping.

Klaus stood on the other side, a small smile on his face as he leaned against the wall. "Well good morning, Sleeping Beauty," he greeted. "Have fun last night?"

Emilia's face reddened slightly at the idea of Klaus knowing what had happened, but that was her own fault because he instantly stood up straighter and looked at her in surprise. He had only been joking, but by the look on her face, he knew that something was up.

"You didn't," he muttered in disbelief. "What?" Emilia asked, but Klaus had already pushed by her to peak inside the room. He caught sight of Diego and his eyes widened as he let out a dramatic gasp. "You did!" he exclaimed making the girl push him outside into the hallway as she tried to hush him.

"What do you want?" Emilia asked in annoyance, her face reddening at the smirk that was on her brother's face. "Luther is calling a family meeting down in the living room and I told him I would get you, but it looks like you're busy," Klaus smirked.

"Klaus," Emilia muttered in a warning. "Okay, okay. I'll stop," he said with a laugh as he backed away and began to walk down the hallway. Emilia sighed and was about to walk back into her room when Klaus spun back around to face her.

"What happened to the whole being angry at him thing? Did you ever even talk to him about what happened ten years ago?" he asked. Emilia glanced at her brother in confusion before realizing that they hadn't been able to talk about everything that had happened over the last day and a half.

"We've got a lot to talk about," was all she told the boy. A look of almost pain washed over Klaus' face and Emilia furrowed her eyebrows at him while he played with a set of dog tags that she had sworn he hadn't had before. "Yeah, we do," Klaus whispered.

She went to question him, but Klaus had already started walking away again. "We can talk later. Hurry on down before Luther blows a gasket, okay? And bring Diego with you," Klaus said before he had disappeared down the stairs.

Emilia stared after her brother in confusion wondering why he had seemed so upset and had tried to avoid the conversation he obviously wanted to have. She sighed gently before going back into the room. They would talk later.