7

Time seemed to tick by agonizingly slow as Emilia made her way towards Detective Patch's desk

Time seemed to tick by agonizingly slow as Emilia made her way towards Detective Patch's desk. After a long night in the holding cell at the police department, Emilia had been woken up to a cop putting her handcuffs back on before shoving her out of the room. Diego had protested and demanded to know where they were taking her, but he had only gotten the door slammed in his face in response.

Now here Emilia was on her way to Patch's desk and the thought of being alone with Diego's ex made her sick to her stomach. There was also the fact that she didn't like the woman. Something about her just made her so frustrated and it wasn't only because she was Diego's ex.

The cop pulled Emilia back to stop her at Patch's desk. The detective looked up and frowned at the pained look on the girl's face. "Uncuff her," Patch told him and the cop instantly did as she said. Emilia rubbed her wrists as she stared at the woman in silence.

Patch glanced at her and gave her a warm smile. "Go ahead and sit down," she said. She noticed Emilia's hesitant gaze and chuckled softly. "Don't worry. You're not in trouble."

Emilia relaxed a bit before sitting down. Patch set the file she had been looking at back down on her desk before putting her hands together as she watched the girl. Emilia gulped slightly under her gaze feeling as if she were being judged. She awaited the laughter Patch would send her way before asking why Diego talked about her, but it never came.

"You know he cares about you, right?"

That was not what she was expecting.

"What?" Emilia asked. "Diego," Patch clarified. "He really cares about you. I know he's not much of a talker when it comes to feelings, but you know that, right?" Emilia nodded almost instantly. "Yeah, I know," she said.

Emilia always knew that Diego cared for her. It was a given when it came to the two of them. She didn't have to question his love cause even if he didn't love her the way she would've liked, she knew that he still loved her in a way. Her love for him was just different.

Patch studied her for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't think you understand," Patch told her. "What do you mean?" Emilia asked. The detective sighed. "It's not my place to say. I may tease him a lot, but this is for him to tell you, not me," Patch said.

Emilia nodded as if she understood, but she was more confused than when she first came over. "We have no feelings for each other, by the way," Patch said as if she had heard Emilia's thoughts. The girl's eyes widened. "I didn't-" Emilia began. "You didn't have to," Patch smirked. "I see the way you look at him. You look at him like he put the stars in the sky himself. It wasn't hard to figure out."