15

first of all, I want to thank you all for being so nice about letting me take a couple days off from writing! I felt awful about not being able to write, but life kind of got a little crazy the past couple of days so I didn't have a chance to write anything. so thank you for being patient and understanding! you all are the best!!

secondly, I wanted to give you a small flashback before I brutally sink the ship with the rest of this chapter. . . so be prepared for the sadness that comes after the flashback and I guess the only thing left to say after that is sorry?

 so be prepared for the sadness that comes after the flashback and I guess the only thing left to say after that is sorry?

2005

Sixteen year old Emilia shot up out of bed gasping for air while her fingers curled to grip onto her sheets. Her eyes frantically looked around the room and it was only when she realized that she was in her room that she finally seemed to calm down. It took a minute, but she was finally able to get her breathing back to normal and she slowly began to let go of her sheets.

Emilia still shook slightly in fright and she didn't even hesitate before getting out of bed and scurrying over to her bedroom door. She silently thanked the lord that tonight wasn't the night that Hargreeves was reading their brain waves and opened the door slowly before looking around.

Thankfully, all the lights in the place were off so that meant that everyone except for her was asleep. She looked around one more time before sneaking out of her room and going over to the door next to hers. She opened the door carefully and poked her head inside the dark room.

She could hear Diego softly snoring from his bed on the other side of the room and she felt herself relax slightly at the sight of his figure fast asleep in bed. Emilia walked into the room and closed the door behind her before tip toeing over to the bed.

Her eyes began to adjust to the darkness as she reached the boy and she smiled softly at the sight of the extra room on one side for the bed that he always left open for whenever she happened to come in.

She climbed into the bed next to Diego. She got under the covers and not even a second later Diego's arm was wrapping around her waist and pulling her close to his body. He dug his face into the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent before sighing contently next to her. Emilia already felt all of her fear washing away and relaxed under his touch.

Diego didn't open his eyes but instead began to rub small circles on her stomach with his thumb as he whispered, "Another nightmare?" Emilia sighed. "Yeah," she said. "Want to talk about it?" He asked. "Not really," Emilia admitted. "Can you just keep holding me like you are right now?"

She could feel his smile on her neck at her words before he kissed her neck softly and said, "Of course, Princess. Your wish is my command." Emilia chuckled softly and turned so that she was facing the boy. His eyes fluttered open to look at her and he smiled even more at just being able to see her face.