8

"Well, this is not good," Five muttered angrily as the three walked down the stairs of the building which Emilia now knew was called Meritech

"Well, this is not good," Five muttered angrily as the three walked down the stairs of the building which Emilia now knew was called Meritech. "I was pretty good, though, right? 'Yeah. What about my consent, bitch?'" Klaus laughed. He looked over at Five and grinned. "And you said Emilia was going to be more helpful than me."

"Hey!" Emilia exclaimed as she whacked her brother in the arm. "No offense," he quickly said. "None taken," Emilia muttered sarcastically. Klaus smiled at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders before ruffling her hair. "You did great, Em. I'm so proud of the deranged woman you have turned into," he said with pride.

"Klaus, Emilia, it doesn't matter," Five told them. Klaus frowned and let his hands drop back down to his side. "What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus asked.

"There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days," Five said. "That's oddly specific," Emilia muttered as she looked at the boy weirdly.

"They're gonna bring about the end of life in this Earth as we know it," Five continued. Emilia and Klaus froze. "What?" Emilia asked. Five glanced at the girl and sighed. He opened his mouth to speak, but Klaus cut him off.

"Yeah, can I get that twenty bucks, like, now, or what?" Klaus questioned. Five looked at him angrily. "Your twenty bucks?" Five asked. "Yeah, my twenty bucks," Klaus said.

"The apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?" Five asked. "Well, I'm also quite hungry," Klaus admitted. "Tummy's a-rumblin'." He then began to imitate his stomach groaning and making noises while Emilia and Five stared at him in disbelief.

"You're useless," Five muttered. Emilia sighed. "Five," she whispered. "What? He is!" Five exclaimed. "You all are!"

Emilia's eyes flashed with hurt and Five glanced at the girl with his mouth open in shock. "Emilia, I didn't mean-" "I think you did," she whispered. Five gave the girl an apologetic look, but she looked away.

He let out an angry sigh and walked over to the stairs of the building before sitting down. "Oh, come on," Klaus called after him. "You need to lighten up, old man."

Klaus walked over and sat next to Five and Emilia watched the two before going over as well. She reluctantly sat on the opposite side of Five who glanced at her before looking back at the ground like a kid who had just been yelled at for doing something stupid.

"Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight. You must be horny as hell!" Klaus exclaimed making the two next to him let out a small laugh of surprise.

"All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head, being alone," Klaus said. "Well. . .I wasn't alone," Five admitted. "Delores," Emilia whispered out and the boy looked at her in surprise. "What? I do listen to you, you know," she told him.