I'm Not Afraid Of Hospitals

As I turn down one of the halls they're there... waiting for me... waiting, just as I am, to finish this nightmare we're all a part of.

As they stare at me with hungry eyes and teeth as sharp as needles gleaming in the moonlight I know that this time one of us will die... but weather me or them I am not sure... but I will prosper and defeat them one way or another.

They start towards me and I stand my ground... I refuse to run from them tonight... but they don't attack and they don't make any moves against me, as though they had been waiting they stand beside me... nudging my leg and leading me out of the hospital and further into the forest.

The further we go the stranger things become... the moon starts to shrink and change but if I look back over my shoulder a little, I can still see a full moon hanging over the sky getting smaller the further away we go. And as the second moon shrinks the wolves around me start to change and shift with the moon... as though they were attached to it.

They become more human like with each step they take and I realize that that is what they are... human! Like a different breed of werewolves or something they changed back to human form the more the moon changed.

They didn't speak but nodded to each other as though they understood what each other was thinking, which I realized was exactly what they were doing... talking to each other though their minds instead of speaking out loud.

Taking my attention away from the strange people that were around me I saw a house in front of us... not a house more like an entire town full of people, but why they were hiding in this forest away from the world I had no clue.

They watched me in interest but remained silent, not a sound to be heard besides the animals in the forest surrounding the town. The ones guiding me didn't stop but kept going until we were out the front of a strange building, with all sorts of plants hanging to the roof and statues around the front, all of which were wolves.

We went inside to find a woman standing in the middle of barren, white room with her arms out stretched and with her face upturned and her eyes closed. We stayed still for what seemed like forever, just watching the strange woman... then she opened her eyes.

They were a bright purple... the colour of purple amethyst, a beautiful but scarily eerie colour. It was her eyes that made me certain of what she was even before she spoke to us... a witch.

When her eyes opened the wolves beside me tensed, as if waiting to see if she was going to strike at them... like a mouse that was waiting for the cat to pounce.

When she finally talked it was if she weren't of this world... as if she were from another place and another time. But it wasn't just her voice that was strange, it was the authority... the wisdom that you could here as she talked... she sounded as though she was an old soul. One of the few humans who never truly died, they always came back in another body... some of them were oblivious to what they were, others had found a way to open the memories from their past lives... that's when they're dangerous, as in this state they had all the knowledge of their past lives.

"Shadow, my dear child. I've been waiting for you, we all have." She placed a hand on my shoulder.

And I fell asleep.