What's Your Shift

I pushed myself to wake up, eager to shift and find out what I looked like.

Of course the second I woke the amethyst lady told me to go outside, apparently she didn't like the idea of my first shift being in her house. So (being the sensible thing that I was) I immediately ran outside and into the towns centre.

Apparently everyone was curious as to what I would shift into, as they had all came out to form a wide ring around me. Some of them, the larger males, had shifted and were circling between me and everyone else. At first I thought they didn't trust me until I realized that they were simply there to protect the others if I couldn't control myself.

I didn't understand what to do, but apparently my body did. It took over, changing and rearranging my bones and muscles without me doing anything.

It was a strange experience, not pleasant but still not painful, as I had expected it would be. I felt my teeth enlarge, saw me claws grow and my hand change shape, felt myself hunch over and then topple.

I saw everyone's faces, they looked frightened. At first I thought it had gone wrong, that I was not going to change completely, but I did.

I stood, and saw everyone take a step back... then bow.

I stood there stunned, unsure of what was happening. So I asked...

"What are you doing, what is happening?"

Only my voice didn't come out, a powerful growl did... but the others that were shifted understood. One of them shifted back and walked over to me, but I saw that he was nervous, wary of what he did. Once he was close he spoke to me,

"Shadow, you are special, one of a kind... and powerful. I can understand you when I'm in human form so please if there is anything you wish to know before you shift back - ask."

I thought for a moment before speaking,

"Could I see myself? And could you tell them to get off the floor? It's kinda weird."

Of course what came out was a growl of sorts but he seemed to understand, as he laughed then told the others that they may stand, and for someone to bring a mirror.

When the women that had gone to get the mirror came back they placed it in front of me, but what I saw? That wasn't me, and it definitely wasn't a leopard like the lady had said it would be.

What looked back at me was a beautiful black wolf, with piercing blue eyes. But that wasn't it, I was covered in tattoos... patterns of deep (almost black) red were covering me, making me look like I had gotten tribal tattoos all over my body it looked awesome, but I didn't understand why they were there.

Confused I shifted back to my human form, but as I sat there crouched in front of the mirror I saw that the tattoos had stayed with me in my human form, some black and some a deep red, covering my body and reaching up my neck, stopping at my jaw line.

My hair (which was usually long and jet black) had also changed, becoming short and choppy, with red streaking throughout it.

My body had also changed (besides the tattoos that is) and was now longer, leaner, looking more like a cats or wolfs than a humans.

But my eyes, they changed the most... before they had been a brown colour, with strips of hazel in them, but now? Now they were a pure blue, almost as if they were made of glass, and it was scary. But as scary as it was I had to admit the change was beautiful, and awesome. I loved it.

"Shadow?" I looked up to see a young boy standing in front of me, he didn't seem scared but everyone else clearly was.

I stood up slowly, stretching as I did. Then I smiled at the small child.

"Yes?"

"Your pretty, can I hold your hand?" he asked holding his hand out to me.

I saw that everyone had tensed, scared as to what I would do, but I ignored them.

"Of course." I smiled, taking his small hand in mine.

"Can we be friends?!" he asked excitedly when I held his hand.

I laughed and smiled at the sweet boy with brown hair, glasses and firm grip.

"Of course little Mikey" he seemed shocked that I knew his name but i didn't blame him, I don't even know how I knew it.

"YAY!!!" he yelled, jumping slightly.

After that day everyone knew I wasn't a fret. I was a part of the clan. It was my home now. And I was happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N yep incase you didnt know already MCR are in this (that was mikey)