13

[ THE BEAST ]

word count, 350

word count, 350

Jade sat at a table in the Wyrm with Sweet Pea and Fangs, trying to calm herself down from everything happening.

"I think this north sider's lost." She heard the voice of Sweet Pea say from the pool table.

"I'm not." Jade snapped her head up at the sound of her younger brother's voice. "I'm over being half a Serpent."

"Oh dear god.." Jade whispered to herself as she looked at Toni and Fangs then back to her brother.

"Wow. You will do anything to protect your Northside buddies." Sweet Pea said, purposely bumping into Jughead as he walked to the other side of the pool table.

"My father was a serpent, he led you." Jughead said, "My sister's a highly respected serpent." Jade widened her eyes as Jughead pulled her into this.. "I want to stand with you guys." Jughead said, now addressing everyone. When he didn't get any comment he started speaking again, "Tall Boy was the one who gave me this jacket. It's finally time I start wearing it."

"So, now you wanna be a serpent, huh?" Tall Boy said after shooting his shot at pool, walking over to Jughead. "Let's see if you survive the initiation first."

Jade laid on the pull out sofa, half asleep while watching some kind of tv show when the door to the trailer opened. She snapped her head around, seeing the group of boys that usually do the first serpent trial of the initiation.

"Ever heard of giving someone a heads up before?" She said, the group ignoring her and going to the bedroom, assuming Jughead was in there since she was on the couch.

Jughead woke up and scrambled to the headboard, letting a few words escape his mouth, "What the hell?"

"Your initiation begins now. With you assuming the guardianship of The Beast." Sweet Pea spoke and Hot Dog, the Serpents' dog, jumped on his bed.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jughead said, and by the time he had looked back up the serpents that stood in the room were now gone.