36

[ THE GIRL LEFT BLEEDING IN A DITCH IN GREENDALE ]

word count: 618
not edited

"Jade?" Archie asked as he opened his front door, his dad not being home. The brunette didn't say anything, just wrapped her arms around her boyfriend. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Jade sat on Archie bed against the wall with her knees brought up to her chest and arms wrapped around them.

"What's wrong, really?"

"It's just everything.. really. I.. I just don't know.. it's just all too much. Everything's happening at once and it's like I'm stuck from the outside looking in.. or everything's moving around me and I can't seem to catch up.. I don't want to bother you with my problems.." she said.

"Baby, you're not bothering me with your problems. It's our problems, now. We're in this together.." he said and put an arm around her trying to let her know he cares, because he really does care for her.

"For starters it's Jughead and him being a dumbass.. you know that one time him and you did that drug run? Well, that girl.. Jughead and a few of the other serpents our age got her a few months ago and ran her out of town." She looked up, "They cut her serpent tattoo off and left her bleeding in a ditch in Greendale."

"What the hell? They did what?"

"She came back today and demanded blood for blood. Wants back in the serpents and Jug kicked out of the serpents, and his tattoo carved off.."

"Wait, so what's happening to Jughead?"

"There's gonna be a vote, him versus Penny.." she sighed, "I'm confident that Jughead will win, because the serpents trust and look up to me.. so if I voted for Jug hopefully they'd follow after me.."

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about then.."

"I.. it just.. it hits me.. this hits me so hard.. because, I was once the girl that was left bleeding in a ditch in Greendale."

"What?" Archie asked, his voice quiet and soft, as if she was fragile glass and going to break if he made the wrong move.

"I never told you all why I left the Northside," Jade said, wiping a tear of her cheek with her sleeve. "This was before I knew anything about the serpents, I was completely oblivious about them. My dad had some bad blood with one of the Ghoulies. The ghoulies wanted payback.. they didn't go after him. They wanted to hurt him, so they did that by going through me," She said resting her head on her knees, not looking at Archie. " I was walking home from school alone one day when Jughead was sick. I was on the more secluded part of the road when someone grabbed me, a Ghoulie. He took me to the Ghoulie head quarters, The House of the Dead, as they call it. That guy questioned me for hours trying to get anything about my dad and the serpents out of me. I was only thirteen, I knew nothing about the serpents. My dad thought it would be best to not bring me into the serpents and keep me away from anything gang related. He wanted me to grow up, be a normal kid.. go to college, be something. But, that day ruined my life." A few tears rolled down her cheeks before she continued. "Then the Ghoulies' leader, Malachai, the one that was driving the other car in the street race.. he would've done anything to get me to talk, even though I had nothing to say. He.. he beat and raped me for those three days I was kidnapped."

Archie didn't say anything, he just brought her into a hug, knowing she needed one.