68

[ RIVERDALE HIGH'S GOLDEN BOY AND THE SOUTH SIDE PRINCESS ]

word count: 1060
not edited !

"Jade." Fp said as he walked into his daughter's hospital room. Archie stood up so Fp could stand by her, then quietly left the room exchanging a smile and a nod with Fp.

"What did I miss?"

"What you two did brought every serpent I've ever known out of the woodwork, and you would've been proud of 'em." Fp said, "It looked like we were going to win the day, but in the end there were just... just to many ghoulies. It was like shooting snakes in a barrel."

"Why? Why did you go?" She said, her voice was soft and low. She was usually never like this, but.. she just felt so broken.

"I wanted to avenge you, and Jughead."

"What about the agreement with Hiram Lodge?"

"There was no stopping the others.." Fp said, They were churned up you, Jughead and Fangs.. even though, fangs is.. he's alive."

"Fangs is alive?" Jade said, her father nodded and she let out a sigh. "But, I thought.. a deputy called you and told you he was dead."

"Yeah, that was a lie."

"A ploy, you mean.. to guide the serpents into a fight they couldn't win. All of riot night was a Hiram Lodge orchestrated mousetrap.. and the serpents followed us right into it.."

"Sunny Side Trailer Park fell, and while our trailer's still standing, most of them burned." Fp raised up from laying against the back of the chair. "Jade, after the rumble, some of the serpents defected.. they.. they joined the ghoulies, other were arrested. More went into hiding, the rest, they.. they left town." He looked up at his daughter, "The serpents.. they don't exist anymore. We had our time. There's nothing for you to do but get better.. okay?"

"Are you sure you're ready for school?" Jughead asked, "Are you sure you ready to drive your motorcycle? Do you need to take off another day? The doctor said-"

"Jug, I'm fine." Jade said with a smile as she swung her backpack over her shoulder.

"Are you su—"

"Yes. Jughead, I'm sure.. just like the last twenty times you asked."

"I got you into this mess.."