18

[ FROM BEHIND BARS ]

word count, 719

"Riverdale's best and brightest, huh?" Alice Cooper spoke, sitting down some drinks.

"Alice, thank you for hosting." Mayor McCoy said to the blonde.

"Of course, Mayor McCoy."

"When I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided that we should come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope-fiends, and fornicators. Except for my Betty, who was smart enough to leave the party before it descended into a bacchanalian free for all."

"Oh, my god. Mom, please don't." Betty says.

"Oh great, here we go." Veronica whispered to her ginger boyfriend. "Saint Betty and Succubus Veronica."

"So, this for clarity, Alice. You're hosting this little get together to what? Gloat?" Feed Andrews spoke up.

"You know, I may have taken jingle jangle, but she's the one who had a psychotic breakdown." Veronica started whispering again.

"Cut her some slack, Veronica." Archie whispered, "She just broke up with Jughead."

"What? Hashtag Bughead is no more? And Betty didn't tell me?" Kevin butted in before Alice cleared her throat.

"Careful throwing stones there, acid-queen Alice." Hiram Lodge started, "I'm not the only one in this room who knows a story behind that mugshot that your daughter printed in her paper."

"Well I, for one, would like to know who brought the jingle jangle to the party?" Hermione questioned, and Reggie slowly raised his hand.

Reggie's mom grabbed his arm and brought it down, "Reginald, not a single word out of your mouth until we get a lawyer."

"No, all Reggie needs to tell us, Melinda, is how he acquired it." Hiram spoke.

"Some gang member who deals on the southside.." Reggie revealed.

"Oh, my god.. you have a dealer?" Melinda said to her son.

"Hmm, Betty, wonder if your little serpent friend would know anything about that?" Alice asked her daughter.

"Mom, she doesn't do drugs. She's actually a really nice-"

"Shut it, Elizabeth."

"Once again, mayor, the southside is the source of all our problems."

"Was he a serpent? Does he go to Southside High?" Fred asked.

"I think so, yeah." Reggie answered

"What does it matter? Not all serpents are drug dealers." Archie commented.

"Archie, not helping." His dad warned.

"Look, we shouldn't have taken the JJ, but Nick's the one who asked Reggie to get it and then pushed it on us." Veronica said, "He's the one who should be in the hot seat. I mean, he's the one who roofied Cheryl and tried to assault her."

"Prosecuting Nick St. Clair would be difficult given that all witnesses were high." Sheriff Keller spoke.

"Yeah, but Josie and I saw nick with Cheryl the night after the party and neither of us were on jingle jangle." Veronica said.

"The drug stays in your system for three days. So, if I drug tested you right now.. you'd have a credibility problem." Sheriff Keller explained.

"Josie, you took that drug?" Mayor McCoy, Josie's mom, said, "You put that poison in your body knowing the way your father struggled with addiction?" Josie nodded slowly, "I see.. From this moment on, bringing the southside under control is number one priority as mayor. If it means razing it to the ground or arresting every single serpent in sight, starting at that high school, so be it."

Jughead was talking to Mr. Philips when he got a text from Archie.

Archie Andrews;
Meet me outside

"Jug! Jug!" Archie said, running up to the black haired boy when he saw him. "We gotta go, right now."

"What the hell are you doing here? Betty ask you to throw some salt in the wound?"

"Mayor McCoy's about to raid Southside High. We gotta get you out of here, right now, come on."

The door's to the hallway busted open, Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller and a few others coming in. They started to point at serpent's, arresting them one by one.

"What about Jade?" Jughead yelled, trying to break free from.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Archie yelled, "You wanna help her? You can't do that from behind bars, come on."

Archie had gotten Jughead out of the school. The raven haired boy looked back into the school, trying to find his sister. He looked down the other hallway, and saw his sister behind slammed into the lockers by two cops.