51

[ DRAMA AND FLYING OFF THE HANDLE ]

word count: 569
not edited

"So, Hiram Lodge's master plan has something to do with your old stomping ground, Shankshaw." Jughead said to his father as the three Jone's were in Pop's. "I tried calling the warden a dozen times but he hasn't called me back."

"The corrupt son of a bitch." Fp said.

"Do you have any contacts on the inside that might know something?"

"Yeah, War Baby. He knows everyone's business."

"Can we get in to see him?"

"What's up, Jonesy? You want me to knock some heads in here for ya?"

"Nah, War Baby, we need intel. You heard anything major going on behind the scenes?" Fp spoke into the phone to the guy behind the glass.

"Maybe to do with a guy named Hiram?" Jade asked, "Hiram Lodge?"

"I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope."

"Can we not, Jughead?" Veronica said to the beanie wearing boy.

"Did you know about Southside High closing?" Jughead asked, "Or the prison?"

"Of course not." Betty said, trying to calm her boyfriend. "It was all her parents' doing. Right, V?"

"She didn't know, Jughead, okay?" Archie said making his girlfriend roll her eyes, while looking down at her tray of food.

"That's fine. I have to conserve my energy anyhow." Jughead said, "I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened." Archie scoffed at his friend's words. "What?"

"I'm sorry, man. It's just.. you're, like, always eating. I mean, good luck with that, but—"

"Hey, it's jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully. So we're gonna support that, aren't we?"

"Veronica?" They five looked up to see Ethel, with a milkshake in her hand.

"Oh, hey, Ethel."

"For your crimes against the town of Riverdale, for everything you and your family have done and continue to do, we find you guilty. Your sentence is this." Before anyone could react, the milkshake that was once in Ethel's hand was now on Veronica.

"The chilling thing is, Ethel went through the trouble of bringing that milkshake here from Pop's." Jade said, her and Veronica in the bathroom as Betty was getting Veronica's river vixen jacket to wear. "I mean, how mad is she?"

"My dad is responsible for the Muggs family loosing basically everything. And, he still hasn't made amends, so..." She sighed, "Ethel has a right to be upset."

"So do you. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'll manage."

"I'm impressed. I'd want to rip Ethel's head off. No, I'd probably already have broke her nose.."

"As my mom keeps saying, this is not the time for drama and flying off the handle. I just need to.." Veronica took a deep breath before continuing, "take deep breaths, keep smiling, turn the other cheek. Give Ethel a wide berth."

"Veronica." Reggie Mantle said as the three girl walked down the hallway. "I heard you got a face full of dairy. I've got some nuts to top off that shake if you want."

"Leave her alone, Mantle." Jade said.

"You do not want to test me right now, Reggie." Veronica said, stopping in front of him.

"One question I gotta ask, as future student body president.. what are the odds that your dad's the first inmate in that prison he's building?" The boy started rambling on about the prison before Veronica grabbed him by the collar and punched him in the face...