The wishing well

Lexi's pov

We continued down the tunnel and chatted some more. I was talking with Mikey about why giraffes have long necks and legs. "Maybe if we keep walking, we'll reach China!" Data wondered aloud. I shrugged my shoulders, not caring even though I knew it wasn't actually possible.

Mikey held my hand. "It might get a little dangerous." He told me. Aww I'm internally screaming. He cares about me!

I then got a chill and felt a water droplet land on me. I looked up to the roof of the cave but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Mikey looked at me, confused. I shrugged my shoulders.

As we turned a corner, light illuminated the cave. Before us was a beautiful waterfall with a pond down below. "Wow..." I heard Data say.

"That's so pretty!" I exclaimed as I walked through the sheet of water. Everyone started wading through the shallow pond. Suddenly, Mouth yelled. We all looked around in fright.

"No, guys! I think this is the rich stuff!" He exclaimed happily. "Really? Lemme see!" I jumped in the water with the others. I reached my hand down into the water and picked up a handful of coins.

I noticed something odd but I didn't want to tell anyone yet. The coins were made pretty recently. I let them have their fun as we won't have any for a long time after this. Mouth and Stef we're arguing in the background like always, but everyone else could still have fun.

Stef then yelled in shock. "Guys shut up! Wait a minute... this isn't the gold. This is a wishing well!" She exclaimed. "The coins would be outdated if they were the gold. These coins were manufactured a few years ago." I added.

Everyone sighed. "This must be the Old Mosgard Wishing Well." Brand guessed.
"You know, I always used to believe that when you threw your money in, it turned into a wish." Andi stated, disappointed.

The boys continued to take the coins. "Hey! Guys. We can't do this. Stop." I said. "Why?" Data asked. "Because" Stef continued, "these are somebody else's wishes. Someone else's dreams."

Mouth picked up one coin and showed it to us. "Yeah, But you know what? This one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it never came true. I'm taking it back... I'm taking them all back."

"Mouth, don't be like that." I told him. "Be like what? A realistic person? I don't want to have false hopes, Lex. I don't want to dream or imagine! That's your job. You always have unrealistic dreams!" Mouth was yelling by now. "You never think of what life is actually like... I- I don't want to be like you."

My mouth dropped and I glared at him, speechless. "Well, I didn't know that's how you felt, Clark." I turned away.

I marched down to the other end of the cave, distancing myself from him as much as possible. Brain came over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I sighed and leant against the wall as I crossed my arms.

"I knew he was an asss, but not that much of one." I confessed. I looked over at Brian. "Maybe you could temporarily replace him. I'll talk to you about things more. You'll be my adopted cousin from now on."

He looked shocked when I said that. "Is something wrong?" I asked. He shook his head. "Ok then..." I shrugged my shoulders.

I haven't updated in so freakin long. I'm sorry. I went dress shopping this weekend for grade 8 grad and I found an amazing dress.

There it is

There it is. I got it from Le Château in square 1 if you know where that is. Imma go eat a bowl of whipped cream now so byeee.
Peace ✌️
                                                -Lexi ❤️