23:Amazement

Before us, was the biggest ship I have ever seen. It had wooden sculpted designs all over. The sails were old and dusty, but were as flowy and free as the wind. The whole ship had a historic look to it and it seemed as if no one had ever been there for at least 1,000 years.

I adored the ship in awe and I was speechless along with everyone else. We had completely forgotten about why we were even here until Brand interrupted the moment.

"Come on, guys? What are we waiting for?" He excitedly exclaimed. We rushed through the water and climbed a net along the side of the ship. When I hopped onto the solid wooden floor, I took some time to admire the beauty of the ship once more.

"It's beautiful!" Mikey said as he walked up beside me. "Hell yeah, it is. This is nothing I would have ever imagined." I told him. I grabbed his hand and pecked his lips. "Come on" I said, "Our adventure awaits us." 😉😉😉

I dragged Mikey with me as we explored the ship. Behind us, Data fell through a floorboard. I rushed over and looked down the hole he had made. "Are you okay?" Mikey asked. Data looked up at us and nodded his head.

I noticed a set of stairs behind him and walked down to meet him. "Why didn't you just use the stairs?" Brian asked him as if Data was an idiot. "Yeah, use the stairs! Everyone's telling Data to use the stairs! Data's here just falling all the time!" Data mumbled to himself in third person.

I laughed at poor Data as we all crowded into the small basement thing. Mikey and I took two swords from a pirate. "Don't touch that!" Andi cringed. "Why not? He doesn't care." Mikey replied.

I smirked and examined the sword. It had a shiny wooden handle with someone's name engraved into it. James Hook. Sounds like a cool name. I furrowed my eyebrows because the name sounded very familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I placed the sword down carefully.

I also saw a small dagger jammed in between a wooden barrel and the wall. I took it out and stuffed it in my pocket. Everyone had walked to the other end of the room. I quickly caught up with them.

"I thought you said there was going to be treasure!" I heard Mouth yelling at Mikey.  "Hey! Even if we don't find treasure, don't you realize? It's the adventure that counts, not the reward at the end." I butted in. My cousin rolled his eyes at me and looked away. I focused my attention elsewhere.

Andi was examining a doll or something, when she pulled a string by accident. My eyes widened as I heard contraptions going off above my head. "Guys, I think I set off another trap." Andi worriedly whispered.

A trap door loudly opened above Brand's head. We all jumped back. There was another plank of wood covering the entrance. It seemed to have some golden writing on it, but no one else noticed except me. Brand lifted Mikey up so that he could break through the plank.

Mikey punched the wood once and it crumbled to the floor. We helped Mikey climb up into the room above us so that he could make sure it was safe. We waited about a minute and then helped each other up into the room. 

Mikey was having a one sided conversation with a skeleton. I raised my eyebrow, but smiled at Mikey's sentimentalism. He quickly turned around as he noticed us standing there. "How long were you guys here?" He asked. "Long enough Mikey, long enough." Brand replied.

We all crowded around the table. It was covered in riches of all sorts. There were rubies, diamonds, pearls, emeralds, and a countless amount of gold coins. "Well, what are you guys waiting for?" Mikey asked. We all looked at him and looked back at the treasure. "Well, lets go for it!" I exclaimed.

Everyone rushed around, grabbing as much treasure as they could find and stuffing it in their pockets. I grabbed a pearl necklace, a diamond tiara, a pair of sapphire earrings, a few rings, a pretty anklet, and a handful of coins.

I put everything on me except the coins and a few jewels. I put those inside the folded hem of my jean shorts. I secretively  hid some coins in my bra, as well. I thought, why not? If it's a place to store something, then why not use it.

Mikey noticed me stuffing coins in my bra and laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked. Mikey replied. "It's just, doesn't it feel weird? You know, girls always hide things in their bras but doesn't it bother you?" It was my turn to laugh and shake my head.

We collected the riches for about a minute when Stef  gasped.  "Hey! Those creeps are still after us! What are we going to do?" She asked.

Mikey shared his idea. "Oh! I know! I saw this on the Hardy Boys once. We can leave a trail of jewels going into one cave, while we escape out the other!" He suggested. We all nodded our heads.

"Now that sounds like a great idea!" We whipped our heads around to see the woman Fratelli pointing at us and grinning evilly.

I screamed and dropped the jewels that were in my hand. The creepy men ushered us outside onto the deck. The one who was singing in Italian grabbed Andi and I's hair. I yelped in pain as I was transferred roughly over to the one with glasses.

"Let go of me you little shit!" I yelled. "Leave her alone!" Mikey yelled. "Oh yeah! What are you gonna do about it, you little twerp?" Mikey looked defeated and sighed. I continued glaring at the man and struggling to get out of his grip.

Oh my crap I ❤️ this book. I'm almost done so I will have to go back and edit it later on. Remember to comment and also tell me where my mistakes/typos  are if you find any. Don't be a silent reader, I love seeing your comments and votes. They make me so happy and encourage me to keep writing this book. Good news is that I will have a part 2 to the story! It will be more low key and school based, but then hopefully I'll  have a part 3 after  which'll be another adventure! I'm rambling again so imma just go and work on the next chapter. Word Count: 1111
Peace ✌️
                                           -Lexi ❤️