Awakening

When Jay opened his eyes the next morning, he was a new man. There was no reason for him to be any other way. Man's most refined complete genetic and medical achievement was at work, and in all this, Jay was just a tiny submissive piece of a gigantic puzzle.

He woke up, and his past was gone. All that remained was the lingering feeling of something lost. As his consciousness rose o the surface again, he wondered where he was. He was lying on a couch and if he strained his head a little, he could see through a tiny window. Stars were shining in never-ending masses of black space. He was alone. Free. He tried to look down at his hands, wondering who he was exactly. His body was safely tucked beneath a very light but secure fabric. No movement was allowed. No way out or up.

He wasn't scared or worried though. The steady input of drugs instilled in his body made sure that he wasn't. His mind was free. He felt alright. An amazing warmth filtered through his body, as if far beneath his skin, the cold had once and for all melted away. The faintest glow in his semi-closed space conveyed a vague sense of comfort. The low binaural ambient notes diffused all around kept him in a state of floating relaxation.

There was no beginning. There was no end. There was no direction.

Somewhere far behind him, another guy whispered erratically, going through the same steady amount of medication. For just the right amount of time. For just the same purpose.

It was "all for the best".