o n e

Above is a picture of Seven now.
———
Seven's POV

Daryl and I have been tracking a deer for the past couple days. My snout is pointed towards the ground while Daryl's eyes are searching for tracks.

Merle has gone out on a run with a small group headed towards Atlanta, to scavenge supplies while Daryl and I went out to hunt for something. Right now we're hunting a deer, but we have about a dozen squirrels tied to Daryl's and two loosely tied around my neck. The squirrels are being used for back-up incase something happens to the deer, but I think we'll be fine

It's been a year since that lady left me on the side of the road in the blistering cold of the rain. Since then I've thought and awful lot about why she had to leave me, but the only thing I could come up with was, she had to. Knowing that allows me to not hold a grudge of any sorts against her, and I just leave it at that.

Now I am a year-old and full grown. I am of similar size to my father and maybe even bigger, if not bigger than certainly stronger. This very fact making me of much more use to Daryl and Merle. Since the time Daryl brought me in he began to teach me various trick and useful tracking tips.

The deer we were in the midst of hunting, seemed to be pissing off Daryl being that we've been tracking it for awhile and Daryl has shot countless bolts into it's side. In all honesty it was pissing me off too, the damned thing should be dead now.

Daryl nor Merle were fans of the group we'd come to join, nor did the group seem too keen on us either. I also did not like them too much, they were quite annoying, with them always trying to pet me and give me attention. At this point I just growl at them when they touch me. The only people who I allow to touch me is Daryl and Merle, and even with Merle I still don't like it all too much.

Suddenly there is two high pitch screams. With the echoes of the forest trees it makes slight more difficulty in pinpointing their location. "Search" he says gruffly in a low voice. We stay beside each other while he follows me, my ears trying to pinpoint where the screams had come from. Soon I begin to smell the flesh of the undead and the blood of an animal. Not just any animal — deer. Leading us through the brush of the forest we hear voices. My shackles raise and I bare my teeth at the voices, not growling so we don't alarm whoever is talking.

We break through the brush into a small clearing where we see our group ,along with a new face , all huddled together scared shitless with various weapons pointing at us. I growl at them until they lower their weapons.

The old man, Dale, mumbles something under his breath but I don't pay much attention cause I see our deer: dead on the ground with a rather large hole in the side of its neck. Beside our deer is the body of a walker, it's head is chopped off snapping at the people around, but the group doesn't seem to notice it's snapping being that their focus is on Daryl.

"Son of a bitch!" Daryl says as we approach everyone. "That's my deer!" More like our deer but okay, it's not like we're a team or anythin'. "Look at it. All gnawed on by this," he begins to kick the body of the walker that stole our deer, spitting insults between each kick. I let out a growl as he does so, both of us angry on the wasted time, "Filthy! Disease-bearing! Motherless poxy bastard!"

"Calm down, son. That's not helping" Dale states trying to calm Daryl, but I'd say i'm about as pissed off as him.

"What do you know about it, old man?!" Daryl's raises his voice as he stalks towards Dale getting in his face. I stand beside him ready for him to say 'Attack' or give me some command. "Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'On Golden Pond'?" he says angrily, before sighing and turning back to the walker and deer.