t h i r t e e n

Thanks for reading and stuff. Uh, so, ask me questions and cause, why not? I'm curious on your thoughts and opinions, if you got any.

———

Seven's POV

Rick, Shane, Andrea, Hershel, and Daryl lean against the hood of a car in a semi-circle discussing Sofia, when Maggie walks up placing a paper, I presume to be a map on the hood. I think about Sofia, and what I could've done to keep her from getting lost. Is she okay? What about her doll? Will we ever find her? Daryl has volunteered to be the only one to go out in search of Sofia. Why does he care so much?

We go over to our tent, a ways away from the group in a suitable area for us. Daryl dips his head and goes into the tent, grabbing some more bolts before heading out. He points to me, "You're stayin' right here." What? Why? "You're still hurt from when you went out in the woods on your own." I lower my head and fix my eyes on the ground. I wasn't alone though.. I had Sofia to look after. "Hey," He says, gaining my attention, "It ain't your fault. You're jus' a dog. Not much you coulda' done anyway." Ouch. Even though he was trying to make me feel better the 'You're just a dog' line, hurt.

He scratches behind my ear, before walking out of the tent. I watch as he begins his walk, towards the direction of the house before the forest. I bark, as a goodbye while he gives a wave of his hand.

I hear screaming from the direction of the well I'm watching. They lowered Glenn in there like a bunch of idiots, to get something. I lay at the mouth of the tent, examining everyone. They really jus' piss me off. They're a broken group, all cause of Shane. I feel the fur on my back come to stand. Shane.

He reminded me of someone.

Will Dixon.

We'd gone to visit him one time, after he called Daryl claiming to being on the verge of killing himself.

We sat in Daryl's blue truck, I sit in the middle with Daryl in the driver seat, and Merle in the passenger. We were driving, somewhere in the countryside of Georgia in the midst of spring when Daryl gets a call on the flip phone him and Merle share. A flip phone is all they really need, they hardly ever use it but, when it is used, it's typically meaning an emergency.

Daryl flips open the phone and sees who it's from, quickly showing Merle with a 'what the hell' face. Merle shrugs, and urges for him to answer it. "Hello?" "What? What do you mean?!" "Dad! Don't!" "Shit. We're on our way. Don't do nothin' stupid."

Daryl hits the gas, making my back hit the seat. "What's goin' on?" Merle asks with slight irritation for his Dad.

"The dumbass is sayin' he's gonna kill himself and is sayin' it's our fault and shit." Daryl explains eyes trained on the road. Who tha' hell?

Not long after, we pull up to the front of a run down house, in quite a ghetto neighborhood.

Daryl lets me out after him and Merle got out, and we are soon approaching the door to their Dad's home. Merle creeks open the door, half expecting to find a body, while Daryl is more reluctant. This sending me on edge. Somethin' is off.