Nothing To Lose

*Third person POV*

 Taurieth, Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli rode over a field with the people of Rohan. Taureith was riding slightly behind Aragorn. Gimli chatted with Eowyn about dwarf women.

 "...that the dwarves just spring out from the holes in the ground! Which is ridiculous, of course," Gimli and Eowyn both burst into laughter. Just then Gimli's horse dashed away making the dwarf fall from the horse.

 "It's alright. Nobody panic. That was deliberate. It was deliberate," Gimli said from the ground while Eowyn rushed beside him and helped him up. Taurieth smirked at the sight of this. Dwarves. They were terrible at riding horses. Beside her, Aragorn and Theoden laughed.

 "I haven't seen my niece smile for a long time. She was a girl when they brought her father back dead. Cut down by Orcs. She watched her mother succumb to grief. Then she was left alone, to tend her king in growing fear. Doomed to wait upon an old man, who should have loved her as a father," Theoden spoke to Aragorn. Taurieth looked at the king. He was old, and he had been fooled by Saruman, but she sensed that he cared for his niece very much.

 Taurieth looked at Eowyn, who was smiling from ear to ear. She was a bit jealous of her. At least she had a brother and an uncle who cares for her very much. The company stopped for a break, and Taurieth went to sit beside Aragorn. Sure, she didn't like him, but he was much better than others. Eowyn came.

 "I made some stew. It isn't much, but it's hot," she said, giving some to Aragorn.

 "Do you want some too?" Eowyn asked to Taurieth.

 "No, I'm not hungry," She answered simply. Eowyn nodded. Aragorn took a sip of the stew and immediately regretted it. But he swallowed it anyway. Taurieth held her laughter.

 "It's good," Aragorn said.

 "Really?" Eowyn asked and went to someone else. As soon as she left, Aragorn spilt the stew on the ground.

 "You shouldn't have done that. Now she's going to offer it to everybody and they'll be sick," Taurieth said. Aragorn smiled.

 "Well, what should I have said then?" He asked. Taurieth was about to answer when Eowyn came back.

 "Have fun, Dunedain," Taurieth said goodbye and went to Vaile, leaving Eowyn and Aragorn have some chat. While she was patting her horse, she couldn't help hearing Eowyn say,

 "Please, eat."

 Taurieth almost burst into laughter, but's managed to hold it together by putting her face between Vaile's mane.

 The company continued its journey tomorrow. Aragorn and Eowyn walked side by side, while Taurieth was on Vaile. Legolas was ahead of them, looking for any dangers. Two guards galloped on their horse to look ahead too. As Taurieth watched, the horses with the guards panicked, sensing something. Looking around, Taurieth spotted a warg rider above the guards. Soon, there was a shout.

 "Wargs!!!!" Legolas fired an arrow, killing the warg.

 Taurieth and Aragorn ran to Legolas.

 "A scout!" Legolas shouted. Aragorn ran back to the company and met Theoden.

 "What is it? What do you see?" Theoden asked.

 "Warg! We're under attack!" Aragorn replied, shouting.

 Women and children were lead by Eowyn to the Helm's deep, while men fought. Aragorn looked at Taurieth. She looked back.

 "Are you sure you want to stay? You might not make it," Aragorn asked her seriously.

 "I have nothing to lose even if I die, Dunedain. Surely you would have figured that out by now," Taurieth answered. They stared at each other for a moment and Taurieth went to Legolas, seeing a pack of warg and orcs. Legolas' eyes widened. Taurieth inhaled. How long has it been since she had seen them? Over 250 years, at least.

 Slowly, she reached for her arrow as well as Legolas. They both killed the warg riders, while men of Rohan gathered behind them. This was going to be a long battle if they survive through it.