Small But A Great Cost Paid Battle

*Taurieth POV*

 Warg riders ran toward us, few getting killed from the arrows that Legolas and I shot. When Gimli and the horse came, Legolas swung himself up the horse. I was on Vaile.

 Then riders of Rohan and the warg riders met, crashing to each other. Spears and arrows flew everywhere, killing each other's enemies. I could use a bow on a horse, so I settled for it. I wasn't much of a sword-fighter, I was better with a bow. As my arrow hit the warg and the orc, in the corner of my eye I saw Legolas had just done the same. Gimli was just sitting behind him because he couldn't do anything on a horse. Vaile whined. I focused back on killing the creatures. It was a kill or get killed game. It has been a while since I played, but when I played it, I never, never, got killed. I heard someone falling off a horse behind me, and when I turned around, I saw the dwarf had finally fallen from the horse. He stood up with his axe and met with a warg.

 "Bring your pretty face to my axe," said Gimli.

 As he was about to chop its head off, I fired an arrow, killing it first. He turned to see where the arrow had come from and saw me. He growled and was about to say something, but got cut off by another warg. He did kill it, but it fell down on his body. It was quite a scene. If there weren't any warg riders to kill me, I would have roared into laughter. I galloped away, leaving the dwarf with a warg blanket. I continued to shoot the arrows, and Legolas Thranduilion came to ride by my side.

 "You stayed?" He asked me. I ran out of arrows, so I changed on to the sword.

 "Of course I stayed. What did you think I would do? Run away from wargs and orcs?" I asked back, cutting an orcs head off. He didn't answer. I continued to kill orcs until I saw the dwarf again. He had one more warg on him, and the warg was about to kill him. Seeing no one was around to help him, I sighed. Should I really save him? I mean, what good has he done to me? I spotted Aragorn about a hundred meters away. (A.N: about 0.06 miles)

 "Dunedain!" I shouted, pointing at the dwarf. He looked at me and got the message. He ran towards Gimli and successfully killed the warg. But Gimli had one more warg blanket on him.

 "Glad to see you are alive, Taurieth," Aragorn said to me, smiling. I raised my eyebrows. It was a very long time ago when someone said that they're glad to see me.

 "You too," I said back. He seemed surprised by the reaction he got from me. He and I rode to separate direction, and I killed a few more orcs until an ambush came. Vaile panicked and stood on her hooves, which caused me to fall to the ground.

 Holy shit. It hurt. It was the 3rd time I fell from her. Panicked Vaile ran away, and I didn't try to call her back. She had seen enough orcs and wargs for one day. A rider came behind me, but my head still hurt, and I didn't notice it. There was a low growl behind me, causing me to look back. Oh, sweet Eru (A.N: it's the name of the god of Middle Earth if you're interested). My quiver had no arrows, and my sword was too far away from me. When the warg was about to bit me, an arrow hit it's head and killed it. I took out my dagger and killed the orc that was riding it. As I looked around where the arrow had come from, I spotted Legolas.

 "Are you alright?" He asked me. I was shocked. Did he save me? The elf I hated for more than 500 years just saved me? This was going to get complicated.

 "Why did you saved me?" I asked. He looked more surprised than me.

 "Because you're one of the fellowship now. And you were going to get killed. Did you thought I would just stand and watch?" He said back to me. I took a deep breath. Now that he had saved my life, like it or not, I owed him a debt. The way my life worked was to give and take. Not take and take.

 "Thank you," I said simply. He smiled. I looked around. The battle was almost over. There were few of us left, but the enemy had all perished. I frowned and looked around slowly again. Gimli chopped one last warg, but I couldn't see Aragorn. Legolas noticed my frown and asked me again.

 "What is it?" I looked at him.

 "Where's the Dunedain?" I asked him. We started looking for him with the dwarf, calling out his name. We went to the cliff, and I saw an orc lying on the ground.

 "Tell me what happened, and I will ease your pain," Gimli said to him. The orc laughed.

 "He's dead. Took a little tumble off the cliff."

 Legolas came beside us.

 "You lie!" Legolas shook him. When I was about to put a dagger in his neck, he died. Legolas took something out from its hands, and I silently gasped. It was the Evenstar. Of Arwen's. The last time I talked to her, she was falling for the heir to the throne of Gondor. Which meant she had given it to him.

 I ran towards the cliff and found the king already there. I looked down, but there were only water rushing fast and no sight of Aragorn's body. Even though I had known him for a short amount of time, I was a little sad. He seemed to be a great man. All the evidence was telling me that he was dead, but in the corner of my heart, I believed, or I wanted to, that he was alive.

 "Wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead," Theoden said, and Legolas looked at him in disbelief. Theoden gave him a squeeze on the shoulder. After he left, I looked back at the water, then turned away. I gave Legolas a light pat to his shoulder.

 "He will come back. He's not dead." I said and looked at his eyes. I could see that he thought the same.