the road to the Dimholt = the road to the dead humans

Theoden ordered for the Rohirrim to be mustered, and we were all outside, mustering... our own horses. Vaile was finally awake now, and she was glad to see me. 'why did you never talked to me before?' I asked in my head, to Vaile, of course. She stared at me with her knowing eyes, but there came no answer. I didn't need one. Arod was right. We didn't need to communicate spiritually when we could understand each other without any difficulties.

"Well as you know, we are going on a war, girl. How does that sound? Awesome, right?" I said, not in my head, to her as I lead her out of the stables. She neighed in agreement. Outside, I saw Aragorn and Eowyn, both readying their horses. Eowyn was coming with us? Well I shouldn't be surprised, should I?

"...it's traditional for the women of the court to farewell the men." I stood beside Eowyn and gave her a knowing look. On her other side, Aragorn found the sword she kept hidden. I turned and pretended to be busy with Vaile, while Eowyn talked to Aragorn.

"The men have found their captain. They will follow you into battle, even to death. You have given us hope." she said. Hope? Yeah, there was hope when we were fighting against the whole army of Mordor, right? And when there are two hobbits, one a gardner and one with a rich uncle, who's carrying the whole fate of the world, being lead by the stinking creature, we still have hope, right??? Eowyn hopped on her horse and rode away, leaving me with Aragorn.

"She's right, you know." I said, getting on Vaile. Aragorn, who was just about to mount stopped and looked at me.

"What's right?" he asked.

"They willfollow you to death. And so will I. Though I doubt that you would be foolish enough to lead meinto death." I said smirking at him. he smiled and mounted on his horse, and we rode to the rest of the... army, where I saw Merry the yellow jacket ride on a pony. how on earth had he managed to get a pony? We rode rode and rode, and came to a what seemed like a valley between the mountain to me. I followed Aragorn, who was going to the King, who was looking down at about... 5 or 6 hundred, no, thousand men.

"6000 spears. less than half of what I hoped for." the King said. so I was right. only 6000? Aragorn seemed to think the same as me.

"6000 will not be enough to break the lines of Mordor." he said. He was right. I for myself was hoping for about 15000 or something like that.

"More will come." King said after a break.

"When are they coming?" I said looking at him. He looked at me back, with a slight frown that was saying 'what do you mean'

"Every hour lost hastens Gondor's defeat. I don't like the present ruler there, but I've grown fond of his son and the dunedain King. So I would be very miserable if both of them were killed." I said a bit sarcastically, but I think they got the meaning.

"We have till dawn. Then we must ride." Aragorn spoke and the King nodded. Just then, the horses cried behind us, and we all turned to see what it was about. They were nervous, more like nervoused to death. And even Vaile looked uncomfortable too. I went to her, and tried to sooth her down, but she still looked troubled.

"The horses are restless... and the men are quiet." Legolas said. He had just popped out of nowhere with his dwarf friend. Well actually he couldn't have appeared out of this air, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?

"They grow nervous in the shadow of the mountains." Eomer said. I looked at where he looked, and it gave me a queer feeling too. No wonder they're restless. But I saw something more than just the shadows. I saw a road, more like a path that lead into the mountain shadows.