a light in the dark

*Taurieth p.o.v.*

The vision changed. Instead of seeing the eye, I was in a dark room, all alone. I wasn't even sure if it was a room. In fact, all I could see was darkness. Well at least the torturing was over. I wondered where I was. Then it came. An immense headache. I grabbed my head and fell on my knees, closing my eyes. It was nothing like I've ever experienced before. A laughter came from nowhere.

"Does it hurt?" The voice asked in a teasing tone. I nodded my head, not able to speak. The voice laughed again.

"Just say 'I will join you', then it will be gone. Not only that, but all the things that bothered you from the past. How sweet does that sound?" The voice said again. What should I do? I so badly wanted it to go away, but I couldn't just join the evil force, could I? Please someone save me, I thought.

*Gandalf p.o.v.*

Legolas was getting ready for the spell. But Taurieth seemed to be in a worst condition than before. She was still holding the palantir, and it was glowing pitch black now(if glowing black was possible). I knew what was happening inside her head, but didn't dare to tell the others. She was having hard time with Sauron. I bet he was invading her head, showing her worst memories and fear. Legolas would have to do this quick or things might get out of control.

*Taurieth p.o.v.*

My headache got worse and worse. But it wasn't just head ache now. There was some weird feeling. Like there was something slowly burning my heart and my head. A pain like something was eating it. I screamed.

*Legolas p.o.v.*

I tried to remember the spell. Taurieth moaned and struggled. I opened my eyes and looked at her. Aragorn was holding her tight. Her face was full of pain before, but it looked more painful. Also very pale. It looked like she was dying. Was that possible? The whole fellowship was staring at concern. I have to do this quick. I thought. Closing my eyes again, I started, hoping this would work.

"Taurieth. Telin le thaed. Lasto beth nin, tolo dan nan galad. Tolo dan ramen . (I've come to help you. Hear my voice and come back to the light. Come back for us.)" I whispered. I wasn't sure if this was the right spell for the situation, but it worked most of the time. Or that's what my dad told me. I continued to chant.

*Taurieth p.o.v.*

I was on the ground now, curled up to resist the scream of pain as much as I can.

"There is no point in resisting, young elf. You can do nothing! I always get what I want." The voice growled. I closed my eyes tightly. Then there was another voice. More soft and warm. It was whispering me something, but I couldn't make it clear. Suddenly, a light shone from far away. The warm voice kept on whispering, which I couldn't understand. But the light was enough for me. Then a realization came to me. If this voice knew my past by looking into my head, then maybe I could do the same. I didn't know how, but I decided to try. The voice came again.

"Join me!!!!" It yelled furiously. Then the voice took a form. Sauron. He was standing over me, his black hand holding a sword. I stood up and gripped his head and closed my eyes, letting the power in my vain take control. I saw my mother do this to my sister once, so maybe I could do it too. It worked. My spirit was looking in every corner of Sauron's head. What I came for was future, not past like he did. I saw many images, but there were a few that mattered. The white tree and the city on fire. That's all I needed to know. Sauron screamed and threw me out of his head. He was now really furious. He tried to stab me with his blade, which I managed to avoid. The light shone again, this time more close. If I reached out my hand, I felt like I could touch it. Now I could hear what the voice was whispering. An elvish enchantment saying to come back to the light. I glared at Sauron one last time.