500 years ago

- Third person point of view -

A small cottage in the Greenwood near a river. It was small, but surrounded with roses and trees and lots of other flowers with sweet scent. The family who lived there were happy with it. An elf guard of Mirkwood palace, Galenorn had found and fixed it so a human being could live. He got married, and Luiel, sister of Celeborn, lived there with him. Now, you might all wonder how a guarg managed to marry a royal being. The answere was simple. They met in the woods at first, and continued to meet secretly, so when they were married, no one could say no because they wre so in live with each other. They had two girls, Aldawen and Taurieth. They grew up to be beautiful elf ladys. Aldawen joined the Mirkwood guard with her father, changing her name in Mirkwood as Lenian. Taurieth and her mother stayed inside the house most of the day. Aldawen and Galenorn visited them once in a week or two, since they both earned permission to sleep in the castle. When they met, the sisters would do lots of fun things together. Hunting, playing in the river, cooking pastries. But there came this day. A day when a dragon attacked the Greenwood. The dragon went straight to the palace. Taurieth and Luiel, worried for their family's safety hurried to the castle. There were fires everywhere and the elves were trying to kill the dragon, but no one succeeded. The king and the prince was evacuating to a safe place. Well, they were the reason the dragon came, so he tried to kill them. When he got a clear shot at the king, a spear managed make on of he's scale fall. The dragon roared in anger and shot fire to everywhere. It was then, when Thranduil the King of Mirkwood was pinned down to the ground by a guard. None other then Galenorn, Taurieth's father. Dragon fire poured down on him, but he did not leave. He covered the king with his own body burning, making the king safe. Taurieth was helping other elves get to safety with her mother when she saw this. Legolas was there too. In fact, everyone there was seeing it.

"It was a pleasure to serve you, my king. Please take care of my family." Galenorn's last words to Thranduil was this. Thranduil And Galenorn had been as close as a guard and a king could be. Legolas and Luiel was by their side, Aldawen was trying to get Taurieth moving again. The dragon saw that he had half failed. After all, Saruman did say to kill the brown haired one too. Aldawen and Taurieth came. The dragon fired again. Luiel's eyes glowed green with anger and her power she kept hidden. The plants started to form a shield protecting them from the dragon fire.

"Run! Taurieth, get them out of here! Now!" Luiel yelled. The girls never knew their mother had a magical ability like this. They ran, leaving her to deal with the dragon. Legolas was trying get his father up when the dragon fire broke Luiel's shield. The fire headed directly for the prince and the king, who was saved by Luiel throwing herself in front of them. Taurieth watched this in shock while Aldawen was helping the others. When Aldawen has returned to her sister, two bodys were laying dead beside the king and the prince. One with the brown hair, one with the light blond. One a guard of Mirkwood, one sister of lord Celeborn, both parents to two elf girls. The dragon left, for he had run out of his energy, and he had finished half of his job. The orders were to kill the Mirkwood Royals and sister of Celeborn and her husband, after all. Taurieth cryed and cryed over what was left of her parent's body, not believing the fact that they died from dragon fire. Aldawen tried to comfort her while trying to make her tears stop from falling. Then 50 years later, she heard the news that Aldawen had died. She almost died from grief, but everytime she came close to it, the memory of her parents dying came to her mind. She left her home and the offer of the Mirkwood king behind, then set out on her own into the wild, away from Mirkwood. She made an oath deep inside her mind. No matter what happened, she would hate the Mirkwood royals, forever.

***the picture above is Taurieth and her family's cottage***