The coronation

Luckily, we made it in time. Eowyn spotted Faramir, or Faramir spotted her, I don't know who spotted who first, and Eowyn went to stand beside him. As for me, I had no idea where I should be standing, because I wasn't really planning on dressing up like some elven princess and see Aragorn get crowned. I was planning to just look down from a window or something.

"Taurieth!" I heard someone whisper my name. I looked to my right and saw Legolas. So I walked towards him and saw a few other Mirkwood elves who were standing with him.

"Your bodyguards?" I asked, standing beside him.

"Father sent them to congratulate the coronation of the King. But bodyguard also works," he replied, smiling. Then I saw Aragorn kneeling in front of Gandalf, and paid attention. But it was hard to watch someone getting crowned when you had a quite handsome elf standing beside you wearing a fancy outfit. Not to mention wearing a tiara.

"Taurieth!" this time it was Arwen who had whispered my name. She was standing not far from me. A smile managed to crack through my face at the sight of an old friend.

"Here to see your boyfriend?" I teased.

"Yes. I never thought I would see you wearing a dress, though," she replied.

"First and the last time I'm doing this, Arwen. You better enjoy it while you can."

Then the coronation started.

"Now come the days of the King. May they be blessed," Gandalf said, putting the crown on Aragorn's head. I smiled faintly at the sight. King Aragorn of Gondor. Wow.

He stood up and walked up the steps, and turned towards us. He looked different. Not just his clothes, there was something kingly about him, I suppose. He looked like a true king. Probably because he was one.

People started to clap, but I remained still. In the corner of my eye, I saw Legolas looking at me, but I ignored him.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all. Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace," Aragorn said. People clapped again, and I remained still again. It was going to take more than just a fancy crown and a nice speech to get me clapping.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Anbar-metta! (A.N: Out of the great sea to Middle Earth, I am come. In this place, I will abide, and my heirs, unto the end of the world)" Aragorn sang. Speech first, then singing. Good job, Aragorn.

He walked down the steps towards the people, and I saw Eowyn and Faramir bowing to him, both of them smiling. I also saw Eomer, who was now the King of Rohan. Two kings in one day. That was something you didn't see every day. King Eomer of Rohan and King Aragorn of Gondor.

"Why are we walking towards him?" I asked as Legolas grabbed my hand and we started to walk towards Aragorn. He remained silent and only gave me a small smile. I looked behind to see all the other elves following. Including Arwen hidden behind a banner. Why was she hiding behind a banner?

When we were standing in front of each other, Aragorn put his hand on Legolas's shoulder. I just watched them.

"Hannon le, (A.N: Thank you)" Aragorn said. Legolas smiled at him. Then Aragorn turned his attention towards me. We stood there for a good minute in silence before I spoke.

"I prefer you in your not-so-kingly-costume, but it's not too bad," I said, looking him up and down. "It suits you."

"Even though you look absolutely magnificent in the dress, I prefer you in your traveling clothes," he replied. "It suits you."

I couldn't help but smile at his words, and he did the same. I slightly bowed my head, with respect for the king. Trust me, I didn't do that to every royalty I met.

A funny thing happened. Aragorn also bowed to me. And while I was standing there, frowning, he gave me a quick hug.

"Okay. Now you go see someone else," I whispered and indicated behind me with my eyes. Aragorn looked behind me, and of course, he saw Arwen. And long things put short, they kissed each other passionately.

And then they both went to see the hobbits. I could see them very well. The hobbits too, bowed, quite awkwardly to the king.

"My friends. You bow to no one," Aragorn said. Then he kneeled in front of them. Everyone followed. Even Legolas and Eomer and everyone else. Even me. What? Those Hobbits deserved some respect. I got up sooner than everybody else though.

And that was the end of the coronation. I was glad to know that I could finally take off the dress.