Epilogue

*Taurieth POV*

 A few months had passed after Frodo sailed into the west. I came back to Mirwood and settled in. Something I thought I would never do. But then again, I did a lot of things that I thought I would never do. Alagos, my horse, and I grew closer, and he would often tell me that he'd like more apples. I made sure he got no more than 2 a day. And I made a friend, a maid named Eleniel. She reminded me of Eowyn in some ways, caring and brave. She turned out to be a great archer as well. We had a competition every now and then. Sometimes I won, sometimes she won. But I won a majority of times.

 I was in my room when there was a knock on the door.

 "Yes?" I said. The door opened to reveal Legolas.

 "Taurieth, I'd like to show you something," Legolas said.

 "What is it?" I asked, walking over to him. He smirked.

 "You'll see," he said as he grabbed my hand. I followed him, confused but also a little excited to find out what he wanted to show me.

 Legolas and I had grown more closer if that was possible. I thought we were as close as we can be but turns out there was room for more. Everyone in Mirkwood knew their prince was dating an elf who had power over the plants. I had no idea how they knew about that, but then I remembered the guards I nearly killed with Thranduil. I didn't exactly threaten them to keep it a secret, did I?

 "Where are we going?" I asked. He was picking up the pace, guiding me through the pillars.

 "Just wait and you'll see," Legolas answered. I realized that this was going to be a nice little surprise. So I remained quiet for the rest of the journey until we finally came to a halt. We were in front of a door. Legolas opened it, and I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

 It was a garden. A soft chuckle escaped my mouth, and I started to look around. Flowers of all colours were everywhere, creating the sweet scent. Not just the flowers, there were trees as well, and some vines crawling on them. The sun shined over them, making everything look more beautiful than it already was.

 I turned to look at Legolas and found him smiling.

 "I told you it was beautiful," Legolas said.

 I remembered our little conversation back in Gondor and smiled.

 "You did," I said. Legolas held out his arm.

 "Care to join me for a walk?" he asked.

 "Gladly," I replied, taking his arm. We walked along a small path through the garden in silence.

 "You weren't kidding when you said the garden of Gondor was no match for Mirkwood's," I said, as I looked around the peaceful scenery once more.

 "It is my favourite place in the kingdom," Legolas chuckled softly.

 "I can see why."

 Legolas looked at me, stopping in the middle of the path. I looked at him, confused.

 "I love you, Taurieth Galenorniel," he said, looking into my eyes. That was sudden, but I couldn't care less. His eyes were clear as always and full of emotions, even soft.

 "I love you, Legolas Thranduilion," I said, putting my arms around his neck. Then he leaned in for a kiss, and I gladly kissed him back.

 I was glad I didn't kill him the first time we met. I was glad that I chose to go with them and come back to Mirkwood.

 Everything felt right. Me kissing him, him kissing me, everything was just perfect.

 I really did love him. And I was happy that I loved him.

 *The End*