the palantir

*I think the picture is very cool*

It was night. Again. I liked night. You could see the stars, hear the wind, and if you were lucky, there might be a shooting star flying across the sky. My brain was busy storaging the fact about the 'fellowship of the ring'. The one ring was found again, and it was in the hands of a hobbit called Frodo Baggins. Mr.Baggins was traveling to Mordor with his friend, Samwise Gamgee, to destroy the ring forever. And there was a man called Boromir son of Denethor. He was killed when they met Uruk hais in their journey. The fellowship was created by Elrond. That I wasn't surprised. Elrond was a weird elf. But his daughter was cool, as well as his sons. When I went outside, Legolas was standing, staring at nothing? I went beside him and just stood and stared into distance, letting my mind float away.

"I'm glad you're back, Taurieth." Legolas said suddenly. I was snapped out of my thoughts. He was still looking into distance.

"I had a good reason to." I said. He looked a bit confused.

"What was the reason?" He asked again, this time looking at me. Just when I was about to answer, Aragorn came. I stared into distance again, trying to hold my laugh. The prince did the same, making Aragorn impossible to think that we were just talking.

"The stars are veiled." Legolas said as Aragorn came to stood by his side. I nodded to both of the, and went inside. Eowyn gave me a room of my own, which I was grateful. I put my weapons down and got ready to sleep, but then I had this strange feeling. Like someone uninvited was here in the Goden Hall. I shrugged it off. Probably because I was too tired, I thought to myself. I laid down in the bed and closed my eyes. Suddenly a vision came. More like a flash of something, but I clearly saw what it was. The eye of Sauron. I gasped. Then there was a screaming from the fellowship's room. Sounded like one of the hobbits. I jumped out of my bed and ran to the room before Aragorn and Legolas, who came running too. There, I saw the hobbit holding the Palantir. The Palantir. Was he crazy? Without thinking, not a single thought of what my action would cause, I ran to the hobbit and took the Palantir away from him. Great! Now I was holding it! The image of Sauron filled my mind, vision, head and everything, so I closed my eyes to make it go away, but it didn't. I knew I had to let go of it, but my hands just seemed to be glued to it.

"She elf......" someone whispered to me. Now my mind was filled with my worst memory ever. The memory of my family dying. It seemed clear that Sauron made up his mind to torture me.

"I sense your fear... your hatred... your pain... join me and there will be none..." the voice whispered again.

*Pippin p.o.v.*

the elf who took the palantir away from me was suffering. I was in shock. Merry woke Gandalf up. As soon as he saw the situation, he ran to her and held her tight to make her stop from shaking so badly. Legolas and Aragorn was trying to talk to her, and Gimli was grumpy for waking up from his sleep.

"Merry what is happening?" I asked. Merry shook his head.

*Taurieth p.o.v.*

"Taurieth, you must fight it! You cannot let him take control of you!" Someone yelled to me. I'm trying! I replied in my head. But everytime I tried, it hurt so much.

"You're skills are exactly what I need now... join me, and there should be a reward. If not, I will torture you to death!"the voice was threatening me now. As much as I wanted to break free, there was a reason to listen to him. He was offering me a freedom of all the emotions from the past, a reward, and freedom from this awful torturing.

"Taurieth! Mellon! Can you hear me?" Another voice yelled at me. This one I recognized. It was the voice of Thranduilion, prince of Mirkwood, mister Greenleaf, calling me his Mellon, friend. I got the streangth to resist the voice for a while, but only for a while.

*Legolas p.o.v.*

"Taurieth! Mellon! Can you hear me?" I shouted. She stopped for a few seconds of struggling, but didn't seem to quite break out of it.

"What's wrong with the lass?" Gimli came and asked. I shook my head. I had no freaking idea. All I saw was Taurieth running to Pippin, taking the palantir in her hands, then this happened. Gandalf whispered some sort of enchantment to her, but it didn't seem to work. Gandalf looked worried.

"What's wrong?" Aragorn asked.

"The spell didn't work." I said. Gandalf nodded.

"Try another one, then." Aragorn suggested. I looked at Gandalf and he sighed.

"That one was the most powerful spell I could use, Aragorn." I looked at Taurieth. She was very pale, and sweaty. I wondered what was happening inside her head. The palantir was glowing red. Then suddenly, aa idea came to my mind.

"Gandalf, the spell you used, it was the strongest that a wizard could use, right?" I asked. Gandalf nodded.

"So what if another being cast another spell? Will that work?" I asked, eager to know the answer. Gandalf got the meaning of my question, and his face brightened a bit more.

"Yes, it might. Try it, Legolas." Gandalf said. I knew only a few spells, but I decided to give a try. I took her sweaty and painful face in my hands, and closed my eyes.