6

the next day was finally friday. taehyung glanced over and looked at the clock that was sitting on his nightstand— seeing that it read six-fifteen, about two hours before school would start.

as he laid in bed, he began thinking about everything that had happened the day prior. taehyung had seen a new side of jungkook that day. he didn't see him as the mean, tough, asshole that he had before. he saw a hurt boy— an abused boy.

jungkook had always been playing a part when he was with him- trying to gain some sort of control back that his father had taken from him. it made perfect sense, really. jungkook felt powerless at home and the only time he had to be in control was at school.

but what taehyung didn't understand was what made him the perfect target. why did jungkook choose him to pick on specifically? it was a question taehyung had asked himself for years and he still wasn't too sure what the answer was.

after laying there for a few more minutes— contemplating— he realized it was getting late and he had to hurry up and get ready for school.

taehyung had rushed to get dressed and once he was ready, he whipped out his phone to call jimin.

it rang only a few times before the other answered,

"hello?" jimin said, with his groggy morning voice.

"hey, jimin!"

"taehyung! what's up? how are you?" he asked, perking right up at the sound of his best friends voice.

"i'm good. i just wanted to talk to you about something."

"sure.., of course. what's up?"

"well.., i don't really want to talk about it over the phone. can i come over? we can walk to school together," taehyung said.

"yeah! that sounds good," jimin replied, before adding, "is everything okay?"

"yeah, totally. nothing big," he replied, not wanting to explain any further, "i'll head over in a second. be there soon!"

"okay, see you!" jimin said.

"bye!" he replied.

taehyung quickly grabbed his bag and headed out the door, feeling glad that he was only a short jog away from jimin's house.

-

he arrived at jimin's front door in only a few minutes. he was surprised that he had gotten there so quickly, but he knew how eager he was to talk to the other may have played a part in his arrival time.

he opened the front door, knowing he was always welcome to simply walk into the park residence if the door was unlocked. it had been that way since he was young and they were all used to it by now.

when he entered, he saw jimin's mom walking around in the kitchen. when she heard the door open, she immediately looked up and smiled at him.

"oh, taehyung! so good to see you, sweetie. jimin let me know you were coming. he's just in his room getting ready for school if you want to head up," she said.

taehyung nodded, returning the smile, before saying that it was great to see her as well.

he then gave her a quick bow and slipped off his shoes, setting them by the front door, and running up the stairs to find jimin.

when he made it to his room, he opened the door without knocking, feeling used to just barging in and flopping down onto jimin's bed.

as soon as the door opened, though, he was met with a loud screech sounding from jimin.