20

taehyung woke up the next morning and had no clue where he was.

that's when suddenly, all the events from the day before came rushing back to him and he sighed.

he looked over and saw that jungkook was still asleep. he looked so pretty. his hair was messy, eyes shut, and lips slightly parted, revealing his front teeth. several light grunts and snores sounded from jungkook. tae couldn't help but laugh, his big square smile showing.

the smile quickly faded when he remembered what had happened the night before. he had worked so fucking hard to get to that place with jungkook, where he could be comfortable with who he was. jungkook had finally been bold enough and trusted tae enough to make the first move and he fucking rejected him. all because he was scared. scared about what jungkook would think of him.

tae knew that jungkook had known about the self-harm. he had walked in on him once trying to cut himself, but it was different seeing it up close and personal. tae also assumed that jungkook thought it was just a one-time thing, which it definitely wasn't.

what would he say?

would he still want me after he sees the marks?

would he think i'm ugly?

tae's thoughts came to a stop when jungkook's eyes started to blink open.

"h-hey," tae said.

"hey."

tae could see jungkook's notable change in expression once everything started coming back to him. he went from confused, to shocked, to an expression that taehyung simply couldn't read.

they both just sat there in awkward silence, until tae remembered something he wanted to ask him.

"i-i know it's early, but i was wondering something."

"what?"

"is your dad okay? and if he is, wouldn't he have called the cops on you for stabbing him? and what were those gunshots?"

"he's probably fine. we heard him shooting the gun, which means he wasn't unconscious for too long. and he wouldn't call the cops, because then he'd have to tell them why i stabbed him. and as for why he was shooting the gun, i don't know. he probably just wanted to scare us," jungkook said, standing up from the bed.

"oh."

jungkook quickly began throwing on his clothes from the day before, speaking up.

"i'm gonna go out for a bit."

"are you not going to school?"

"no."

"oh... well it's jimin's birthday, so i should probably go."

jungkook didn't respond and there was an awkward silence.

"you'll get the place to yourself tonight, though, so that'll be nice," tae said, trying to lift up the mood.

"yeah. here's some uber money," jungkook said, setting it on the counter.

"oh... thanks."

jungkook walked out and shut the hotel door behind him.

tae sighed, knowing jungkook was upset with him. he honestly felt horrible. everything was finally going alright between the two of them and he managed to fuck it up on the first night.

after letting his anxiety run its course, he finally got out of bed, still wearing his clothes from yesterday. he grabbed the money and headed out the door.