3| Much Needed Liquid Encouragement

3|Much Needed Liquid Encouragement

"NO, just no," I said, shaking my head

"NO, just no," I said, shaking my head. Bianca, Jeremy, and I were sitting in Wallflower Diner, one of the main hangouts for any high schooler in Columbus, Georgia. I drank my usual strawberry cheesecake milkshake while Bianca and Jeremy enjoyed their chocolate brownie bliss.

"Come on, Logan!" Jeremy exclaimed. "In the name of friendship, you have to go to the party tonight."

"How many times am I going to have to say no?"

Jeremy convinced Bianca to go to the King of Hell's party tonight. But then again, it wasn't hard to convince Bianca to go to a party. She enjoyed parties, and she was honestly the life of the party after a beer or 2. For some reason, she always ended up having a rap battle with someone. Most of the time, it was Porkchop.

Now, Jeremy was trying to convince me that I needed to party with them. But I wasn't giving in because the last thing I wanted to do was go to a party thrown by the Notorious Noah Locke.

"Logan! I need to walk in, arm in arm with my 2 best girlfriends! I have to have my special entrance so that—"

"So that Cayden will notice you?" I chimed in, and Jeremy's cheeks turned red in an instant. "Trust me. You do not need me there for Cayden to notice you."

"But you're friends with him! I can barely talk to him." Jeremy gave me his best puppy dog face. It was a good puppy dog face, too. He was adorable.

It was true. As much as I hated most of the entire boys' volleyball team, Cayden was one of the only people I actually cared about getting along with. Sure, some of the others were tolerable. I would say Porkchop was tolerable, only because he didn't have a rude bone in his body, and he was just a bit... dense. But he was sweet as shit, so I didn't mind him.

Cayden and I, however, were lab partners in AP Chemistry this year, and we'd actually been partners in each science class we took since sophomore year. So I guess we were pretty much friends.

"He's right, Logan," Gracie chimed in, sitting down and joining us at our table with her classic vanilla shake. "Sorry I'm late, by the way. Mom and dad were really trying to make me stay home and look after Garbanzo tonight. But no way in hell. We have a party to go to!"

Garbanzo was Gracie's 3-month-old husky puppy. Just for context.

"Perfect! You 3 can all go to the party, and then you will still have your amazing entrance, Jeremy! And I will watch Garbanzo," I said, clapping my hands together and grinning. I would much rather babysit an adorable puppy.

Gracie just shook her head. "Nice try, but nope. My neighbor is watching him, and Jeremy is right. He is the most awkward ever around Cayden. He wouldn't stand a chance."

"Hey!" Jeremy exclaimed.

"You know it's true."

"I am not going to Lucifer's party," I told them. "I would rather drive all the way to Florida, jump in the ocean, and feed myself to the sharks. So, the final answer? No. I am not going. End of discussion."