64| Rosé Means You're a Part of the Family

"WE have 2 chocolate oreo shakes, a mint chocolate chip, and a strawberry cheesecake," the waitress said, setting our milkshakes down at our table

"WE have 2 chocolate oreo shakes, a mint chocolate chip, and a strawberry cheesecake," the waitress said, setting our milkshakes down at our table. She smiled and let us be.

We each grabbed our milkshake, lifting it up in the air. "Cheers to us and to the last milkshakes we will be sharing together before we are officially high school graduates," Jeremy said and we all clinked our glasses together. I immediately took a sip of my strawberry cheesecake milkshake. The best flavor to ever exist.

"I'm lowkey emo," Bianca said, moving her straw around in her mint shake. "Tomorrow we're gonna be graduates. And then all we've got is this summer before we go our separate ways."

"Aww, B. It kind of sounds like you might cry!" Jeremy teased.

Bianca glared at him across the table. "You are not catching this bitch cry. I'm sorry, not even for you people."

"We'll see about that tomorrow..." Jeremy murmured. "I have a bet with Cayden that Logan's gonna cry. And if Logan cries-"

"-Bianca cries," Gracie chimed in.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, we'll see about that."

"You're definitely gonna cry. Your boyfriend's the valedictorian, after all. You're definitely tearing up during his speech," Gracie said.

It was true. Noah was the valedictorian, meaning he would be giving the official Class of 2019 speech. I mean, of course, he was valedictorian. He was the smartest person in our grade. It didn't even bother me to admit it anymore. He had been practicing his speech for weeks is what he told me, although he wouldn't let me hear it or read it. He wanted it to be as special as it was going to be for every other senior, hearing it for the first time at graduation.

"Whatever," I muttered.

"Don't 'whatever' me," Gracie said. "You know you're gonna cry because he's going all the way to Stanford and you're going all the way to M.I.T. I mean, you two really couldn't have picked 2 further places."

"Facts," Jeremy said.

"We didn't do it on purpose. It just ended up this way," I said. "Let's not talk about me and Noah. Why don't we talk about you and Porkchop? You haven't told us what you think is gonna happen between you two when you go off to Duke."

Gracie had committed to Duke months ago on a full-ride scholarship for volleyball. She was an amazing libero and loved volleyball. Plus, Duke had always been her dream school. She was most excited to get to meet the basketball players, as Duke was always her favorite college basketball team, too. You wouldn't know she was obsessed with college basketball until March rolled around.

Gracie sighed. "I don't know what's gonna happen with us, honestly."

"Where's Porkchop going anyway?" Jeremy asked.