16| One Last Try

16| One Last Try

    CAYDEN walked over to the table where I sat in the main cabin and handed me a cup of orange juice

    Today was Saturday, and we were leaving around 4 pm to head back to Columbus. I was more than grateful for that fact, too. Ever since Logan and I's little argument during the scavenger hunt a few days ago, the tension between us was extremely elevated. Even worse than before this stupid bonding camp.

    "You really are mad, aren't you?" Cayden asked, and I reverted my eyes up to meet his. He looked concerned and a little apologetic, and I knew it was because he was aware of everything that happened between Logan and I. Apparently he forced it out of Logan the other day.

    "I'm mad, yeah," I said. "I'm just trying not to let it completely ruin my day. The anger is honestly annoying." I took a rather large bite of my piece of toast, which was nothing if not mediocre. The strawberry jam I had slathered onto the piece of bread was just a bit too fake and sugary for my liking.

    "Logan's mad, too, you know?" Cayden said. "I mean... it's different with her, though."

    "Yeah, because she's probably mad, but she doesn't mind the anger," I snorted. "She's just happy that we're going back to being enemies."

    "I still think that you two should stop fighting."

    "Well, it's not exactly easy to do, Cay," I told him.

    "Maybe you shouldn't give up so easily?" Cayden suggested. "We have one last day, and maybe you could find a way to... I don't know... apologize?"

    "Me? Apologize?" I asked in disbelief. Yeah, I knew that I should apologize if I wanted to get along with her. Even I could admit that throwing Savannah's words into Logan's face the other day was a dick move, but she needed to apologize, too. And getting an apology to come out of Logan Pierce's mouth? Impossible.

    "Maybe she will apologize after you do," Cayden said. "Or maybe not. But at least you'll be trying. That is what you promised me you'd do."

    I sighed, and my eyes flickered over to Logan's table. She was sitting with Gracie and Rose as usual, laughing about God-knows-what. It boggled my mind how she could be so mean to me and then go off and laugh with her friends. Like she wasn't pissed off.

    "I have been trying," I told Cayden, turning my eyes back to him. "I cooperated, we laughed together and actually had a good time. Not to mention, she actually talked to me willingly."

    "I know," he mumbled. "But maybe just give it one last try? I know you're a good guy, Noah. You'll figure out what the right thing to do is. Maybe it's trying to apologize to Logan, or maybe it's just reverting back to your old ways with her. It's not my choice. It's yours."

    I thought about what Cayden said as he walked away to head to the room and change before activities started.

    I could apologize to Logan, and there was a chance that she would apologize, too. I mean, I doubted it, but Cayden was right. Today was the last day of camp, and I promised I would try. So what was one last try?