48| She is Beauty, She is Grace. She is Noah's Fantastic Cake.

 She is Noah's Fantastic Cake

SPRING break was upon us. Even though it felt like we had just been on Winter break. Time had been flying by these days. Maybe it was just because everything was how it was supposed to be. Logan and I were perfect. The team was heading off to state next weekend. And school was over in a month and a half since we were seniors. It was crazy.

Today was perfect. Logan, Cayden, and I were all laying outside by the pool enjoying the warmth of the sun. We weren't studying or anything, either. We were just chilling and talking about random things.

"No. You know what I need?" I heard Cayden say. "Cake. Just any type of cake. I'm craving it."

"Don't say the word cake!" Logan yelled. "You're making me so hungry. It's seriously rude."

Cayden shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"And it's still rude," Logan muttered. She sat up and took off her sunglasses. "Okay. I need cake now."

I sat up, too. "We could make cake," I offered."

"Well duh," Logan said. "I'm only the best cake maker in all of Columbus Georgia."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "The best?" I asked. "No way. The best in Columbus? Sorry honey, but that's me."

"Yeah, I don't think so," Logan said. "You wish you were the best cake maker. But you could never hold such a title."

"Someone's confident," I said.

"Of course I am," Logan said. "I'm Logan Pierce. If I'm not confident, I must be dead."

"You guys are so not doing this right now," Cayden said. "The whole competitive thing? You guys are ridiculous. You're just as competitive as you were when you met. The only difference is that you kiss now."

I rolled my eyes. "We're only competitive because Logan here thinks she is the better cake maker than me. But we all
know the truth."

"Do we?" Cayden asked and sighed.

"Yes we do. And the truth is that I can make a better cake than Noah," Logan said. "And I can prove it."

"Dammit," Cayden muttered.

"CAKE BAKE OFF!" Logan and I yelled simultaneously, pointing at each other. "You're so on."

"You two are the weirdest couple I've ever met," Cayden said, now sitting up. "Fine. We'll do a cake bake off. And I will be the judge of it so that it's completely fair. Got it?"

"Got it," Logan said. "I hope you know that you're going down, Locke."

"In your dreams, Pierce."