60| Project Make Logan do Whatever we Want Even if She's Miserable

LEAVING Noah the morning after prom was likely one of the hardest things I had to do

LEAVING Noah the morning after prom was likely one of the hardest things I had to do. The last thing I wanted to do was leave him. The way he held me in his arms in the large bed, running his fingers along my arm. He felt like home.

And the last place I wanted to go was my actual home.

Regardless, I left Noah at just past 10 in the morning. My parents were expecting me home around 11, as I'd told them I would be sleeping over with Gracie. That had been the actual plan until prom night went awry, leaving me a complete and utter wreck. Thankfully, Noah had turned the night around in a hurry by doing everything he could to get my mind off of my sister and her apparent cocaine addiction. I didn't even like to think about it.

Unfortunately for me, I was going to have to think about it. Because it was the first subject that my parents brought up as I walked into the house at 10:40 in the morning. I was hoping they would be preoccupied with work and I would be able to head up to my room and take a chill day. Finish up some homework, take a bath, and maybe even do a face mask and indulge in some Netflix teen romance movies. But no. That certainly wasn't happening today.

I walked into the house, finding my parents sitting in the living room. They were both sitting with perfect posture on the sofa with blank stares and clenched fists. I immediately internally groaned, not prepared for what was about to happen. Expecting to be scolded for no reason, they decided to bring up Billie.

"Your sister paid us a visit," was the first thing my mom said, causing my eyes to widen and my breathing to hitch. Shit. That was what I was hoping Billie wouldn't do.

Why would she visit our parents? She talked to me about how she ran away from them and their possessiveness. It seemed pretty clear to me that she didn't want to see them again. So why on earth had Billie decided to see them? I felt a lump in my throat getting ready to take over. This was definitely not the conversation I was hoping to have.

"Anything to say?" My dad asked, his tone was cold and accusatory.

I gulped. "I don't know what you want me to say."

My mom huffed. "Well. I'm sure you can imagine our surprise when there was a knock at our door late last night. And our surprise only escalated when we opened the door and there was your sister."

The way they spoke about her as my sister. Not their daughter. It made me sick. They were why Billie ran away and I understood that. I wasn't defending her, not after what happened yesterday. But I could admit that I understood why she left.

"Now, we were trying to be open about seeing her. We were trying to be happy that she was here," my mom said. "But we couldn't be after her boyfriend arrived, telling us about everything that they'd been doing for the past 4 years. Now, I'm sure you can imagine just how surprised we were about all of that information."