Epilogue Part Three

Epilogue Part 3| Oh no! Not the Deathly Cheese Grater!

"NEXT time, you're gonna wanna make sure not to drop your elbow

"NEXT time, you're gonna wanna make sure not to drop your elbow."

"Yes, Mr. Porkchop," Billy, one of the kids said.

Sometimes when I say the word elbow, all I can think of is pasta. And then all I can think about is mac and cheese. But not the Kraft mac and cheese that comes in a box (even though that's like, some amazing mac and cheese). I was thinking about the homemade mac and cheese that had a crust on top of it and was gooey and cheesy beyond belief.

"Mr. Porkchop?" A tiny and adorable child's voice asked. I turned and it was the precious, one and only, Rose. She had fluffy red hair and freckles covering her face. She was probably the cutest little child with the cutest little name.

She was also Cayden and Jeremy's daughter. They kept telling me that she was adopted, but I'm pretty sure they meant addicted, you know because a dick did the dirty and brought her into the world (I think that's what addicted means). But then every time I told them that they would say, "PC, we can't have kids. Because even though a dick does bring children into this world... there are many other factors to the child-birthing process that we cannot do as a gay couple." Except for every time I asked them what they couldn't do in the child-birthing process, they would just make up some lame excuse! Something about "needing eggs".

If they need eggs so bad, why don't they just go to WalMart?

But Rose was super cute, so I didn't really care if she was addicted or not. Her voice was the most high-pitched (but not in a squeaky way) voice I'd ever heard in all my years of coaching.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Can you please tell me about how to pass the ball again?" She asked with her beady green eyes looking up at me. She was like 2 feet tall, I swear. But then again, I have no sense of height. How tall are kindergarteners, anyway?

"OOH! Can I demonstrate?" Another cute voice yelled. Hunter was raising her hand from the other side of the court, bouncing up and down on her feet.

"Duh," I said to her. Hunter pumped her fist in the air and moved over to demonstrate.

Just then, the door to the gym opened and Noah walked in, immediately grinning. "Of course," he said coming to stand by me, "my daughter is demonstrating something yet again. She's kind of a show-off, isn't she?"

"Like mother like daughter," I joked. Good thing Logan wasn't here to overhear me say that. She might have murdered me.

"You still coming for dinner tonight?" Noah asked. "Logan's making--"

"MAC AND CHEESE?!" I interrupted a bit too loudly. The kids turned and eyed me weirdly before going back to their scrimmage.

"How did you know that?"