55| You Literally Win Everything, Pierce!

55| You Literally Win Everything Pierce!

MY parents didn't stop texting and calling me the entire time I was in the boutique

MY parents didn't stop texting and calling me the entire time I was in the boutique. Which, by the way, was a really cute boutique. I ignored the texts while I shopped. I was picky when choosing things because even though I knew Noah was rich as hell, I didn't want to take advantage of his money. I finished buying a few items including a bathing suit and drove the golf cart back to his lakehouse. The exterior of the house was rustic and wooden. I walked up to the front door and opened it. I could see right to the back of the house, which had floor-to-ceiling windows. I could see Noah outside at the dock getting the boat set up.

I made my way into the first bathroom I could find, shutting the door behind me and getting changed. I changed into a bikini and a pair of jean shorts. I threw on a white cover-up over the top and put my messy and gross volleyball hair into a bun. I headed outside, opening the sliding glass door and walking down towards the dock.

Noah turned around and smiled. "Ready for an unforgettable boat ride? And this time, yes, I really do own this boat. No alibi needed."

I laughed. "I trust you," I said.

Noah helped me into the boat before getting in himself, then heading up to the front to start the boat. The boat roared to life and Noah started driving it. We were going pretty fast and I just sat on the cushioned seat of the boat looking out at the view. Water misted me, but I didn't mind at all. It was relaxing and helped me forget about my parents for a bit. I'd left my phone at the lake house so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.

A part of myself felt bad for my parents. For not answering their texts and keeping them in the dark. But the other part of myself didn't feel bad at all. Noah was completely right about them. They'd basically implanted Stanford into my mind, making me think that it was my dream when in reality, it wasn't. And neither was volleyball.

Don't get me wrong, playing volleyball can be fun and sometimes I actually enjoy it. Sometimes it's an anger release rather than the cause of my anger. But more times than others, volleyball just made me intolerant of anything and anyone. I couldn't do it anymore.

Noah slowed the boat down so that we were just floating further out on the lake. There weren't that many boats out at the moment. He turned around from the engine of the boat to face me, giving me a small smile.

"What do you think?" He asked, motioning towards the view.

"It's really beautiful," I said. "You didn't have to take me here."

Noah shook his head. "No, I didn't. But I wanted to."

I smiled and leaned back against the chair, staring up at the sky. "So. What do you have planned for us this evening? Besides the lovely boat ride, of course?"

He grinned. "Well, you'll be in for a treat. After this ride, I had a competition in mind."

I raised my eyebrows. "Competition?"