41| Why Would a Rubber Ducky be Considered Sexual?

    FINALS week was always the death of me. And this year would be no exception.

    Weeks had passed and it was finally finals week for the first semester. The past couple of weeks had been great, too. Logan and I were together out in the open, and even her parents were trying to be okay with it. Which was a pretty big deal. School had been going good and my grades were still as high as I could get them. But nonetheless, finals were my weakness.

    I was just looking forward to winter break, but I needed to get through this week full of tests before then. And as per usual, I was determined to ace my tests.

    The only thing that might have been standing in my way... was Goddamn Porkchop.

    The guy needed a tutor for his English class. That's what his mom told me. Actually, she told me this: "Clay needs a babysitter on Saturday because I'm going out of town. Sometimes I'm not sure if I can trust him being home alone. Not because he's a bad kid, it's just... I'm sure you understand where I'm headed. Oh! And he could use an English tutor while you're at it."

    So yes, I was Porkchop's babysitter. A very tall, very ripped, yet very stupid 18-year-old. This was what my life had come to.

    But of course, I couldn't just do it alone. So I decided to trick Logan into helping me out with Clay on Saturday. Obviously by telling her that we were going to study all day at the cafe together. She said yes, and now my plan was in action. Maybe she would be mad at first, but this was Porkchop we were talking about. No one could ever say no to big, lovable Porkchop.

    I pulled up to Logan's house and she was standing, waiting outside. She looked beautiful as always. Hair left down and straight, and she was wearing a plain t-shirt and some jeans. Damn, I was really falling hard for her. That big L-word still rang in my mind.

    She walked over and hopped in the car and I drove off. "Hey," she said and placed her hand on top of mine. "Excited about finals?"

    "Are you?" I asked.

    "Never," she said. "It's the most stressful week of my life."

    "So yeah, I'm not excited either," I said. "I'm just ready to get it all over with. Winter break is right around the corner, and I just cannot wait for all those Christmas festivities to start up."

    "Christmas is my weakness," Logan admitted. "But until then... are you ready to study?"

    "Not exactly..." I drawled, and I could see Logan raise her eyebrows at me from the corner of my eye. Porkchop's house was about 2 minutes away from Logans and we were just about to turn the corner. "So I might have lied..."

    "Noah. Where are you taking me?"

    "Porkchops house..." I said right as we pulled up, parking the car in the driveway.