Chapter 15: Lillies and Seafood

A/N: Hey everyone! Thank you so much to all of you who are reading this story, may you be a silent reader or not. I know the update is quite late, so here it is.

Happy reading! ;)
________________________________________________

The weeks that went by had been uneventful, Ellie's routine were the same, no words yet from the fashion houses she applied for a job the previous months and she is already feeling dejected. It is not that she is not happy working at the cafe, but she needed a job with a higher income, she had a goal in mind and she doesn't want to divert her attention from it much more than breaking a promise that she did recently - letting Ethan into her life. She sighed and thought about him - again. Something that she finds herself doing most of the time these days, for the attention he is giving her since the beginning is unvarying, nor his routine, it became ordinary as time passes. Like she cannot imagine him not doing it anymore. She perked at what she thought and sat back with another sigh. She is really in deep trouble. She already fell so hard and walking away will be impossible. Turning back is not an option anymore it seems, and most importantly, changing how she feels towards him will be futile.

Her heart raced when the doorbell rang and willed herself not to run towards the door to meet the man who is constantly residing her mind. She stood up, checked herself and her outfit and unhurriedly walk to the door. They have a 'date' today - according to him and as always, he is on time.

She opened the door and she cannot stop the smile to form on her lips - she automatically reciprocated his beaming smile. She opened the door wider and he step inside offering her a bouquet of lillies which she accepted, put on a spare vase and left it at the kitchen table.

"Where are we going?" She asked him since she is really curious as to where he will bring her to. This will be her first time going on a date so she doesn't have any idea if there is a dating etiquette of sort.

"Impatient, are we?" He said with a chuckle.

She pursed her lips before answering. "Nope, just curious."

"We'll get there and you're going to love it. I assure you." He answered, his eyes twinkling. She just hummed her reply to that.

He led her into an old jeep and she admired the old vibe the jeep is giving off. She turned to him and inquired.

"Yours?" She asked while pointing at the vehicle.

His smile became sheepish, embarrassment clearly showing in his eyes. She smiled at him sweetly and said. "I love your jeep." Then hauled herself up into the passenger seat.

When she noticed him not moving an inch on his spot. She tapped the body of the jeep to catch his attention then spoke a little louder.

"What are you doing there Ethan? Come on!"

At what she did, he snapped out of his trance-like situation and jogged towards the driver side of the vehicle wearing a grin, which she return with a grin of her own.

"You never failed to surprise me darling." He commented before turning the engine on.

"Well, I am glad that I surprise you often." She said with a cheeky grin, something which made Ethan shook his head.

"Well, here we go." He said finally before they went on to their way.

They travelled outside of town for several hours with her admiring the countryside, with its green trees and fresh air. It made her divert her attention so as not to repeatedly ask the man currently driving as to where they were really going. Her patience was about to get her when she noticed that they are entering a town. She turn her head towards him, eyes questioning. He smiled at her before he answered.