Chapter 32: Hysterics and a Kiss

"She left yesterday, she -" Alessa started to explain but was immediately cut by Ethan's outburst.

"What?! Why?!"

"Sh - she told me she needed to go back as soon as possible because of work." Alessa explained with a slight stutter.

"Why didn't you inform me?! Why did you let her?!" Ethan's voice started to rise which made Alessa visibly shaking, at his wife's sudden condition, Nathan intervened.

"Ethan, watch your tone, she is your mother," and added, "and the kids..."

At his father's words, he took a deep breath to calm himself and turned to his kids which are both wide-eyed while looking at him.

"Hey," he said while reaching them. He expected them to flinch or ran away because of fear, but instead they stayed put and let him touch them.

"I am sorry, I shouted." He apologized.

"It is okay papa. Momma said, sometimes shouting is our way of expressing how we feel." Nate said that made him gape.

"Your momma said that?" He asked to confirm.

"Yes papa, she always say that especially after we saw someone shouting. She also said not to make it a habit and that it is not good to shout, because you will hurt the other person." Ally followed up which rendered him speechless. They are really mature for their age and Ellie brought them up really well. His line of thought was cut by Nate's next comment.

"And Papa, you are suppose to say sorry to grandma, not at us, because you shouted at her, not at us." Nate said, confusion laced in his voice.

"And it is not grandma's fault why momma left. She even told momma to wait for you, but momma said you were busy, she even told us she will send you a message." Ally said in a reprimanding voice.

"Yes, you are right." He said, contrite.

"Hey, guys. Good morning!" a booming voice caught their attention.

"Uncle Ollie!" the twins shouted back, both running towards his brother.

Ollie, may have sensed the tension in the air, so he invited the twins to go out, God bless his soul, for which the twins hurriedly went with him.

Ethan scrubbed his face with his hands before turning towards his mother.

"I'm sorry mom," he said in a small voice. "Did she say anything else?"

His mother gave him a small smile full of understanding before answering his question. "No, nothing else, though she didn't answer when I asked her if she is leaving you. She only reiterated that she is leaving because of work, temporarily, as what she is implied."

He expelled a breath he doesn't know he is holding because of what his mother said. Though a bit cryptic, there is hope that she is not leaving him.

"I'll follow her mom, dad. I'll leave the kids with you, if it's okay." He suddenly decided.

"No problem son, you can leave the kids with us." Nathan agreed.

At his parents' agreement, he went up to his room and pack some clothes. It is still early, so he is confident that he will find Ellie within the day.

He called his brother to talk to the twins, informing them that he will come after their mother which they complied without questions. Then he went inside his car and drove off.

---

Ellie is beat up to her bones. Her client had been a bridezilla up to the wedding reception. Not only she needs to hurriedly finish the gown, but there are some last minute changes and additions the bride wanted to do into it, that thankfully she was able to do.