Chapter 34: Worries and Contentment

A/N: So sorry for the very late update, my phone broke a few weeks ago and just recently I was able to purchase a new one, but then, I found out that I cannot retrieve my account. Fortunately, after about a hundred tries and a moment of breakdown, I was able to figure out the reason why - I've been entering a wrong username whenever I try to log in (face palm). LOL.

Anyways, so much for my moronic moment, here is my update, hope you'll like it.

Happy reading! ;)
____________________________________________

The next weeks after their date was filled with smiles and contentment. The days are loaded with family interactions while the nights are consumed in between the sheets, satiating both of their hunger towards each other that never seem to stop. Fulfilling the yearning they both have, brought by years being apart.

Though happiness is clearly written on her face, at the back of her mind, a nagging feeling seems to sprout. Something that Mel brought out one day, while visiting her.

"You look happy Ellie, you're glowing." Mel said, teasing evident on her voice, which she answered with a grin.

They chatted and updated each other on what was happening with each other when Mel became somber.

"Are you really happy Ellie?" The question made her wonder why.

"I am."

"I know that you do, I can see it and I am happy for you. But there is something else and I am a bit worried."

Her brows furrowed at Mel's word, confusion may have seen at her face for Mel explained what she had said.

"Have you two talked about what happened? About the past."

"No, not yet." she answered

"You have to, before the past can caught up your future together. You must leave no stones unturned as what they say."

"Yes, I know that. But I am afraid of what he might say." She said almost in a whisper.

"Like what?" Mel asked, brows furrowing.

"That I wasn't really that important that was why he left and married someone else."

"Oh Ellie..." Mel uttered and reached out her hand.

"It bothers me Mel, eventhough we are together now."

She stood up and stared at the window, she wound her arms in her stomach before she continued.

"I feel that I cannot handle the truth and I am worried about the kids, what will they feel if everything becomes a mess?"

She felt Mel's presence beside her by the window before she heard what she said.

"Just talk to him Ellie, it will not do you both good if it will stay buried. You know how the saying goes, 'It is better to be hurt by the truth than to be comforted with a lie.'" Mel said, understanding evident in every word and she only nods her answer.

Mel's words still lingers in her mind weeks after their talk and she still cannot find the courage within her to confront and ask Ethan about it. She doesn't know how and the time is not in her favor, they are both busy - always busy. Firstly, because of orders coming into her shop plus weddings that they need to plan and Ethan have a new project so he is always away. He is coming home once a week and today is that day. They will have a break for the family's monthly get together.

"Momma, is Papa there already at grandpa and grandma's house?" Her daughter's voice flitted over.

"I'm not sure baby, why?" She asked, while looking at her daughter through the rearview mirror. They are travelling to Ethan's parents.