Chapter 14

Gavin

Sidney hadn't shown up and she wasn't answering my calls, I was starting to full on panic by the time afternoon rolled around. I checked in with Zach but he didn't know anything either, that was when I really knew something wasn't right. I called the guys and asked them to check in on her as I left the sanctuary to one of the volunteers and rushed home. "Have you heard anything?" I asked Fletcher as I ran into the room, everyone but Beckett and Ash were waiting for me in the living room. "They went to go check her house a couple minutes ago, they're going in wolf form to be quicker but Ash took his phone with him to let us know..." Emmett started as Bowen's phone started ringing and we all turned to him as he answered it on speaker.

"We've got a big problem. There we're two dead rogues near the Black Fork boundary line and two sets of tracks heading in opposite directions. When we got to the house the car was gone, door wide open and blood all over the floor with her pets inside. Her house looks like a murder scene out of some horror movie and there's rogue scent everywhere outside, we can't find her. Beck is losing it and he's still trying to follow her by finding a scent. Bowen what are we supposed to do!?" It was the first time in my years of knowing him that I ever heard Asher sound panicked and it made me feel sick as I fell to my knees in the middle of the room. 

"Slow down, and go over that again." Bowen ordered in alpha tone as he tried to stop the others from panicking, that's when I heard the familiar engine outside and we were all up and rushing out onto the porch with no idea what we were about to face. "Beck, Ash get back home, she just pulled up!" Bowen ordered into his phone, hanging up just as she stumbled out of her car door in a bathrobe. I didn't even have a chance to be happy that she wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere before I noticed the fresh scars on her arms.

                                          Bowen

I was letting my mind race as I stared at the girl who looked like death on shaky legs. "Sid?" Gavin asked softly but her eyes were focused on mine. "I'm really hoping you're as good of an alpha as they make you out to be, because I'm going to need every ounce of leniency you've got." Her words were strained and they barely passed her lips before she fell to the dirt unconscious, I rushed to her side with Simon as the others milled behind us. "She's got a fever, a high one. What do you want me to do Bowen if she has something to do with rogues do we really want to risk keeping a girl like her around?" Simon murmured softly.

 He seemed unsure what to do and that was where I came in, but even I didn't understand what was happening right now. "We help her and once she's stable enough we get our answers." I commanded as Beckett and Asher dashed from the trees in wolf form, staring at the girl unconscious in the dirt as they shifted. "So she must be a pretty good shot if she killed a few rogue wolves." Jason whispered softly. "That's just it, they weren't killed by bullets." Asher stated as he frowned down at the unconscious girl at our feet. 

She didn't smell or look like she posed a threat so I let his comment slide for now, we all knew she didn't smell of wolf. "We'll get our answers once she's stable, right now she looks half dead. Simon get her inside, the dining table will have to do until we know what we're dealing with here." I ordered out as he carefully lifted her into his arms and we followed them into the dining room as Tucker ran to get his brothers medical bag. When Simon laid her down on the table her groan of pain had my inner wolf pacing in a panic as I struggled to stay calm and control the situation, something I was learning was a lot more difficult with Sidney Blake around.