Chapter 63

Bowen

This was bad. We had taken care of the first round of rogues but now a wild Sid in wolf form was facing off with our entire pack with bared teeth and snarls. "I don't think she's injured, I can't see and blood on her fur, but she is showing all signs of a female in heat, like the angry hormonal mood swings where she wants to kill us." Simon linked out after she warned him away with the snap of her jaws, a clear sign to keep away. "Well another sign I can clearly see her showing is the area under her gorgeous tail being a bit swollen and leaking out that too sweet scent of her heat." Micah was whimpering now. The truth was I could feel the tension of everyone working hard to keep their wolves in check when all the wolf wanted was to claim Sidney, even me. 

"She's listening to our links but she doesn't seem to be understanding them at all really, it's like she's thinking and feeling entirely like a wolf." Colton linked as he indicated the way her ears swiveled towards him when his link rang out. "What are we supposed to do if she's too wild and wolfish to reason with?" Tucker whined as he looked to me for a decision. "What if we act how our wolf wants to, without letting them have full control, the wolf knows what to do even if we don't, right?" Daniel sent a glance to Simon who pondered the idea at my side.

 "It might work but it's risky, if we cross a boundary that she has in place she could kill us." Simon warned. I was about to volunteer and take a beating for the pack if I failed when the least likely of all stepped forward to meet my gaze. "Let me do it Bowen, she knows me and trusts me, and my wolf respects hers, please?" I was shocked that pup boy Fletch had the guts to meet my gaze before lowering his head in asking for permission. 

The simple fact was he didn't have a dominant bone in his body and right now Sidney was posturing and practically daring us to fight her, if anyone had a chance right now of not being ripped apart it was Fletch. "Be careful, trust your instincts but keep control of the wolf." I gave my order and he jhmped at the permission granted. He glanced back at us once before he was off making his way cautiously towards the alpha she wolf, and all we could do was watch from the sidelines for whatever happened next.

                                             Sidney (wolf)

They kept making a bunch of noise and keeping their distance, why wouldn't they attack already? They were a threat and yet I waited for them to advance and they only backed further away, they were strange males and I couldn't trust them and their strange tactics. I was shocked when the youngest male a copper colored wolf started to slink towards me alone, but I bristled warily with a warning growl. When he got closer he lowered his posture with a whine and pinned his ears back in submission, the action caused my growls to die off in my throat. This male was not flirting, he was not posturing, nor was he trying to dominate me like many other males before. 

The strange act of his submission was puzzling and I found myself tilting my head at his slinking approach, belly grazing the snow as he kept low to the ground. I did not trust pack males that was how I survived and yet this male was acting so curiously strange that it intrigued me to scent the air for him. "Sidney I know you can neat our links, we just want to know that you're alright and safe." The familiar word was followed with others but this time it was not forcing a pressure in my mind, it was respectfully distant just like the male groveling before me. I held my tail and head high as I took a cautious step towards the submissive male, if this was a trick I would break his neck and run before the others could attack. 

He kept his position until I was baring my teeth over him as a low growl of dominance rumbled from my throat, he whined and quickly rolled belly up with his tail tucked tight against him. I sent a wary glance over to the other males that wisely continued to keep their distance as I slowly lowered my head to sniff at his muzzle. His tongue was quick to dart out and lick my muzzle in a very pup like manor, he was no real threat but I cuffed his muzzle at the unexpected licking. "It me Fletcher, your good old Puppet, you know me Sid." Again the sound passed through the air and flickered at the back of my mind not intruding but not ignoring. 

"Guys I don't think she's just thinking and feeling the wolf way, she is the wolf." The pup stayed on his back as he whimpered and chirped softly in respect and friendship. He was just so young and playful that I found myself running my nose through his copper fur and enjoying his warm scent. "Maybe you should get away from her then, best not to try our luck too much, come on back Fletch." The golden wolf called out as he took a few steps forward, he was trying to take the pup back and I didn't want that, I snarled. "Great she's going to kill him and we'll be down a fighter, not to mention I'll feel sorry for his dead butt later." The chocolate male growled back at me but did not move closer. 

Then some of the words made sense 'kill' and 'dead' both had me bristling, I would not let them harm the pup. I snarled more at them as I stood over the pup protectively, I would protect him from the threat. "I don't think she's going after him, her focus is on us now, she's guarding. Fletch get up and try to come here." The second dark dominant male stepped forward until my snarl had him stepped back again, he obeyed well. Then the pup wiggled out from under me and started to make his way back towards the pack of males, didn't he know the danger, they wanted to kill him?! 

The alpha male stepping towards the pup ever so slightly had me leaping into action, in an instant I was between them as I faced off with the biggest threat of all, and made my stand clear. "Mine!" I snarled as I forced the claim out at them brushing my side a long the pups flank to cover him in my scent, he was under my protection now. "Oh, crud did she do what I think she did, she just fricking marked him up with that sweet scent. Fletcher dude I both extremely envy and pity you right now. C.G, you really don't want to make this easy on us do you?" Another male whined he didn't press into my mind but he still seemed to direct his whine towards me.

 "She thinks we're trying to hurt him so she's claimed him under her protection." The alpha male seemed to back down from my challenge which only confused me more. "Well shoot, Beck bite me real quick maybe C.G. will get protective of me too." The same whiny male was wagging his tail in a friendly manor now. These pack males were a strange bunch but that didn't mean I was going to let them take the pup just to harm him, he was young and could learn quickly how to be a good wolf. "Shove it Gavin." The chocolate wolf barked back to the other male, but I still held my ground and readied for a possible attack.

 "We don't want to harm him or you little wolf. No harm. Friends. We good. Nice. Friend. Protect." The beta male was being cautious as he prodded my mind gently, these words I understood but I also knew of pack tricks. "Tricks." I barked back as I tried to put my body into the pups and force him to back away from the danger. "No really. Friends, watch." The pup so sweet trotted around me and went up to have a friendly greeting with the pack males, I looked on in horror as I waited for the blood that never came. 

"This might be harder than we thought." One of he grey males huffed as he plopped down in the snow behind the others, not far from where I stood. These males had no mind for danger they were of my age and a few were still fairly puppies like the copper male, they would be killed out here if they weren't careful. Killing opponents that were wounded and faced you head on was far different than an ambush or an attack from within, they needed to learn that quick. 

If the pup insisted on staying with this pack of hopeless males I would have to defend them as well as him, even if the thought of them trying to control my actions infuriated me. I wanted to leave but I felt the need to protect the copper pup, there were many dangers outside of his pack and they clearly were not wary of the threat. If the pack males tried anything to harm my new pup friend or myself I would kill them but if we'd get over this greeting I would protect them until then, if they didn't try to dominate me first.

*Yep that's an update. I'll be posting another soon on how this little 'greeting' goes. Enjoy you awesome and amazing readers!*