Chapter 26

Sidney

I ran faster and faster as I braced myself for the battle ahead, crossing into the main part of the boys territory. I could smell the rogues scent strongly and it was headed towards the pack house, I kept pushing forward as I let a snarl ripple out of me. I reached the pack house and took in the sight in one quick glance, Beckett was unconscious on the dirt but still breathing. Then I saw Fletcher was pinned under two large males, a third getting ready to deal a deadly blow, I didn't hesitate to rush into the battle to protect the pup. I body slammed one of the two off of Fletcher and tore into the third male that had been going for the poor pups throat, he was dead at my feet in seconds. 

Fletcher wriggled himself out of the other males grip but he was hurt and in no real condition to fight as he limped to my side, shivering with shock and panic. The rogues faced off with us as I pushed Fletcher behind me with a quick nudge and snarled at the 9 remaining rogues, soon they would join their fallen comrade if I had anything to say about it. "Stay behind me Puppet." I linked the terrified pup as I snarled towards the pack of growling males. "You can't take them all on alone!" Fletcher linked back in panic. "Watch me." My return was short and sweet as I charged headfirst into the battalion of males.

 I ripped and tore at anything within reach sinking my teeth into shoulders and throats and dodging as many attacks as possible. I felt teeth sink into my side before I tore away from my attacker, leaving him stunned by the chunk of fur still in his mouth as I ripped open his carotid in one quick lashing. Fletcher was fighting off a single rogue that had broken away from the group but I was too occupied with the others to help him. I had three more dead and dying but that left me standing against five males that hadn't just run a marathon to get here and weren't nearly as wounded or exhausted as I was starting to be. 

I refused to let them win though as I resolved myself to keep fighting, after all I'd fought worse in worse shape. I was on three good legs now but I didn't let that slow me down as I dodged one of their attacks and sank my teeth into the side of my attackers face. He yelped in pain but it didn't last long as another wolf rushed from the trees and finished him off. "About time you showed up Streaks." I linked towards Gavin as Fletcher finally got a good enough hold on his opponent to finish him off. The poor pup collapsed to the dirt in exhaustion but there were still wolves to fight and with Beck still out it meant 2 to 1 odds in favor of the trespassers. 

Gavin seemed to have caught his second wind as he jumped into battle with another rogue, suddenly two of them were on me, trying to force me into submission. I felt my anger rising as they tore at my ear and sent blood gushing from my wounds into my eyes, I let loose another angered growl of my own before pushing back. They had gotten smarter though and were working as a team to try pinning me, one on each side as they forced their combined weights on top of me. I knew that with my injuries I wasn't at full strength anymore and couldn't push them off so I had to resort to another tactic.

 I dropped to the ground like dead weight, causing both males to stumble slightly as I rolled under the one on my left and lashed out at his under belly, his blood coated my muzzle as he screamed out in pain. I stood to face both of them when I saw that Gavin was still fighting his one opponent, and that was when I realized where the fourth male was. I caught him making a go for Fletcher's sprawled and helpless form and I was seeing a whole new red outside of the blood from my wounds. I snarled once at the one and a half males still readying to continue our fight, then without a second thought I turned on the male going after the pup.